Just speaking for myself, not the team, but here goes:
I hope this ModBakery won't be overwhelming/confusing for new SHAR modders and that it won't make forums obselete.
I don't see it making the forums obsolete, the majority of the system is going to be the same, just linked to ModBakery instead of MEGA or Dropbox.
• Will we be able to filter out unreleased mods?
That makes sense to me, don't see why not.
• Will we be able to sort releases by release/update date?
There is already a Last Updated
• Can "release type" and "category" filters be merged since release types are already in the categories dropdown?
It makes sense to add an "All X" option under each category and remove the type option.
• Will we be able to edit pages for our own mods/tools that were migrated by DT
At the moment, this is a read-only version, and everything was added manually. You will be able to update your own releases in the future, but for now feel free to DM me (and potentially other staff) on Discord (Proddy#7272
) and I'll take a look.
• Will we be able to create "releases" marked as "coming soon"?
I don't know on this one, I personally feel a "coming soon" would be better as just a forum post, but there are already some "coming soon" items on the read-only site, so I imagine they're supported.
• Will we be able to change the background of the ModBakery page? Maybe have shuffle options or static screenshots/flat colors
I imagine themes, which would cover this, would be something further down the pipeline. Is the purpose behind this that the random images are annoying/distracting?
• Will we get "<" , "<<", ">" and ">>" (previous, first, next and last pages) buttons for navigating bakery pages?
I actually brought this up just after release, and it's something already in the pipeline.
• Will that one other Mod Jam #2 submission get added to the ModBakery category?
I'm probably just out of the loop, but I don't know which mod this is. DM me if you want and I'll take a look.
• Will other Mod Jams/Contests get added as categories on the bakery?
The aim, to my understanding, is for all mods to be on the bakery, so I guess yes.
• Will that new navigation bar transition to donutteam, forum.donutteam and docs.donutteam for consistency?
The global nav bar is intended to be just that, global. Meaning that all sites will have easy access to all other sites under the Donut Team banner. This is just the first site to have it implemented live.
• Will we be able to search ONLY through mod bakery or will it always just redirect to forum search?
I assume this is related to the global nav search, it is my understanding that will search any or all of Forum, Docs and the Bakery.
• Will ModBakery get its own favicon? (Maybe dt docs too?)
No idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
• Maybe my tweaked version of Lucas' XML blender add-on could be uploaded and put on the same page as Lucas' original add-on?
I'm not sure if it would go on the same page, or if the official one will be updated, I'll raise it.
• Are all user made mods/tools/add-ons gonna be put on ModBakery eventually? Apart from popular must-play mods I'm also particularly interested in essential tools and add-ons since those are often hard to find even if you know what you're looking for. Releases such as Tay's texture to p3dxml add-on, humble brag #2 Collision editor and Skeleton converter+Animation converter
I don't know if they'll be added whilst it's still read-only, but in the future I expect they will be. Mod Bakery's aim is to be the central location for all mods, tools and resources for Donut Team's services.
• Are there any plans on potentially integrating ModBakery and ModLauncher? Maybe add the ability to upload/download mods directly using the launcher? This question is the last one for a reason.
For now, I don't think so. I've personally been thinking of being able to download
mods directly through the launcher, but hadn't considered uploading. This is definitely something that needs further internal discussion before the bakery leaves read-only.
I would like to re-iterate that these are all my own viewpoints, I didn't confer with the team before replying, so don't take it as gospel.