Forum Mod Bakery Docs

.P3D to .OBJ

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
How can I export .p3d files into .obj so that it can be edited in Blender or Zmodeler???
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
open the p3d in lucas p3d editor
right click the mesh that you want to export
click "export model"
also i would recommend clicking "tools" and the "export all textures" and save them into the same place as your obj file.
Thanks ☺
I'm new here so it would take a bit time for me to get used to these softs...
BTW whats the poly limit of SHAR?? How much polies it can handle??
I hv few high poly???????????????????? so...☺
SHAR can handle very high poly models. However you shouldn't be using high poly models, make your models lower poly for this game.
thanks for info...
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I believe the maximum you should use is around 20,000 triangles. You can import models with higher triangle counts but it can cause issues such as frame drops and large amounts of time when the car is loading. I would use Blender to reduce the triangle count on your models, but it's up to you.
Oh thanks...20k would be good for me.
And I had seen many people reducing the polycount in blender. How is it done?? Any tutorial is available?? I seriously want to know about that.
There are multiple ways to decrease the poly count in Blender.

You could use the decimate modifier, which decreases the visual quality of the selected object in turn for a lower poly count. Access that via the modifier menu on the right of your screen.

You can also go into Edit Mode and select faces you don't need by either right clicking them or selecting them with a brush using the C key, and then deleting them.
Thanks for the info :)