Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to add custom sounds?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi. I've been trying to add custom sounds for Krusty because I wanted to add him as a driver. I have the sound files I want him to use but I don't know what to do with them. I already set them all to 24000hz. I am not sure how to add sounds into mods. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
You have to use the RSD Editor and import you WAV file into an existing RSD (which you can get from one of the game's RCF files).

What type of sounds are you trying to edit? I can help you edit them if you give some more information.
I'm trying to add more sounds for Krusty because I feel he doesn't have enough sounds already
You would have to import them like I said above then edit sound\scripts\dialog.spt and add more daSoundResourceDatas for Krusty's dialog. That's relatively straightforward to do if you look at existing ones but I can get more detailed if you'd like.
Where am I supposed to get dialog.spt from and what is daSoundResourceDatas?
Extract scripts.rcf in the games directory.
I take it after I edit the spt file I put the sounds into the rcf, right?
Put the dialog.spt to CustomFiles/sound/scripts. Do not put it into dialog.rcf.
Geez, dialog.spt is quite confusing. How do I actually add daSoundResourceDatas? I am basically lost.
create daSoundResourceData named *
* basically dictates the function of the sound.
For example W_Air_Hib_01 is something that hibbert says when he is in the air in a car.

AddFilename ( "**" )
Means what file it will use (To direct it to a custom file in CustomFiles/sound/dialog use sound/dialog/*.rsd(the * being the filename of your choosing.))

I have no idea what 1.000000 or SetStreaming does.