Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Simpsons Hit & Run Level 1 Map in Grand Theft Auto 5

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys!

I've just s*** myself in excitement discovering the Simpsons Hit & Run Level 1 Map in Grand Theft Auto 5. This something I will have try out for sure!

It looks amazing! The whole map has been re-textured to fit the GTA 5 theme. Looking more like a life-alike version of map! If you have GTA5 definitely do try it!

Would it be possible at all to import this into SHAR?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm5jBqRouCk

www.gta5-mods.com/maps/the-simpsons-hit-run-level-1-multifive
Not sure what you mean import this into SHAR? It's the exact same map with dynamic lighting.
I see other differences in the map as well as that
I agree with Jake on this, I don't see any real differences to the map that would make it worth importing
As do I. It would be really redundant and not beneficial at all to port this back to Hit & Run. Let me explain why.

This port is missing every single prop in the map which are things like phone booths, trees, and cemetery posts among other parts of the world. The only geometry of the map this mod includes is the part you can export with the Pure3D editor with one button press.

In addition to that, the textures are exactly the same as the ones found in Hit & Run as far as I can tell from looking at a few videos of the mod.

Also the author did a quick and noticeably bad job of positioning the interior models in the "appropriate" locations. The laziness of that job is best demonstrated by going inside the Kwik-E-Mart in this map and looking outside. There was no effort on the author's part to even try making the interior seamlessly connect with the actual building.

The only notable difference is the lighting which looks cool but that really required no effort on the author's part.

This mod is a cool idea but this was a relatively poor execution of the idea. The author could make it better with more time but there haven't really been any meaningful updates or anything to it so I can't really see it happening.