Forum Mod Bakery Docs

8 Player Races?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Is it possible for someone to make a mod that allows 8 player races with characters from the game in any cars?
This would have to be a hack, not a mod. This is not something we're looking into at this time but maybe in the future.
Do you know if there are or where I can find any maps/mods with the characters in their cars for a circuit or checkpoint race?

I already know of Luigi's Circuit, Jungle Falls and the Falcon Pack
Road Rage Returns should have some.
Also tried that and Donut Mod, I'll try and find some more though.
If you didn't see any in Road Rage Returns then you didn't look hard enough or I'm misunderstanding what exactly you're asking for.

You do mean races where there are characters in the AI cars right?
i think he means the bonus games
Sorry for making this seem confusing at first but here's what I mean. On level 6 the circuit race (Ralph and Nelson's) are races between Bart and Homer only, but what I want to find out is how to add more AI to the races basically just modifying the original races but not creating my own mission if that makes any sense. For example, add Lisa in her Malibu Stacy car, Marge in the Canyonero and Apu in the Longhorn and any other character in their vehicle like Frink in the Hover Car, Snake in Lil' Bandit and so on.

Sorry if this is like really basic stuff, i'm new to modding.
While your request is certainly possible, it can only be a total of 4 AI cars. Anymore will crash the game simply because the game wasn't programmed to have 5 AI racers and up.

To add cars, all you would have to do is open up the sr2l.mfk/sr3l.mfk and add a string that loads a car you'd like to use:
LoadDisposableCar("art\cars\carname.p3d","carname","AI");

Replace both instances of "carname" that you see here with the file name of the car. You can just copy this from another load file in a mission that makes use of the car, or look for the car name and then replace it manually. "marge_v" is the name for the Canyonero, "apu_v" is the name for the Longhorn, "frink_v" is the name of the Hover Car, and "snake_v" is the name of Snake's 'Lil Bandit. You can find the rest of the cars in art/cars and figure out which car has what name.

Then, modify sr2i.mfk/sr3i.mfk to use the car with the following argument:

AddStageVehicle("AI_CAR_NAME_HERE","AI_LOCATOR","race","AI/CON/FILE/PATH/HERE.con");

Of course, replace "AI_CAR_NAME_HERE" with the name of the car you'd like to use (like apu_v), replace "AI/CON/FILE/PATH/HERE.con" with the con file you'd like to use for that AI racer, and "AI_LOCATOR" with where the name of the locator where the car spawns.

Con files essentially control the overall stats of an AI car and how fast it is, how much damage it can take, how sharp it's turning is, and so forth. "AI_LOCATOR" uses locators from the P3D for that Street Race. You can create new ones by grabbing P3D Editor 4, opening the P3D that the Street Race uses (check the sr2/3l.mfk), copying a Type 3 locator, renaming it, and then modifying it's position using the "From Game" button. If you just want to test that you're loading a car correctly, you can use an already existing locator, but keep in mind that if both cars are using the same type of locator, they'll spawn inside of each other and look pretty glitchy for a good bit.

If you have any further concerns, I'll be happy to answer them!
Thanks for the help, i'll try this out.