Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Canis Bodhi bricking SHAR after saving

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys,
This is just a heads-up to say that if you have the Canis Bodhi mod installed and enabled, with a new save game for it and everything, DO NOT SAVE AND QUIT AT THE START OF LEVEL 7! If you do this, your copy of SHAR will essentially be bricked and you will NOT be able to progress, unless you copy and paste the save files (Save2, Save3, Save 4, etc. in the SHAR folder) and reinstall the game. The game will not launch from the folder itself, the start menu (if you're using Windows 7 and older, or Windows 10) or the SHAR folder in Program Files (x86). I'm hoping this gets the attention of the devs and that this issue will be resolved in the near future.
I really don't understand what you did wrong here, but I can't replicate it which makes it impossible for me to fix it.

Nonetheless, there is absolutely no chance that this mod bricked your entire install of this game, that makes no sense whatsoever. There's also no chance this issue is specifically related to Level 7.

Here's what I tried in the process of replicating this:
- Launched the game with the launcher with no saves.
- Started a new game, bought the Bodhi, saved the game and quit in Level 1.
- Disabled the mod and loaded the save file again, no issues. It just didn't acknowledge the Bodhi's existence. I save and quit again.
- I re-enable the mod and launched the game with the mod launcher, and my save file still has the Bodhi unlocked.
- I travel to Level 7, Mission 1 and save and quit the game again.
- Disabled the mod again, launched the game with the launcher again, and loaded the save file again. No "brick" that you're talking about.
- I then launched the game right from the game folder by opening Simpsons.exe, and loaded the save file fine here as well.

Basically, I have no idea. This doesn't seem like something we're doing wrong. Can you be more specific with what exactly a brick is in this case?
What I meant was, the game refuses to start. This never happened before with any other mod I've used, my best guess is this was just a stroke of bad luck, but if that was the case, then the game would have started at least once on the several attempts I've made since this happened to start the game. I'll try reinstalling the game and see if it happens again. In the meantime, I'll provide a link to a screencap I've prepped showing what happens.

Video
This post has been removed.
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
It's not the mod or the mod launcher. You either have a virus, have the game running in the background, or just need to restart your computer.