Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Enter the Game-trex (Formerly "Project Sand" - Update!)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Welp, since this mod is probably never gonna get finished, here it is! L1M0 and L1M1 of Project Sand.

But what's the plot? Video games have gone missing within the town of Springfield and you (because the cops are lazy) have to go and find the thief who stole them!

Oh yeah, here's a bug list. I'll try and fix these in the next update.
The "Mission Complete" text appears twice at the end of L1M0
"Talk to Marge" needs to get changed to "Talk to Bart" in L1M0
The Black Ferinni's AI needs a slight adjustment (L1M1)
Player spawns at the Simpsons House upon restarting the mission (L1M1)

Download: drive.google.com/file/d/0B7n7-dXjFDtXZ0t3MTExVEJQZm8/view?usp=sharing (If this isn't the 1.3.2 build please tell me and I will update the link. If it is, cool! I did something right!)

I encourage people to comment their thoughts on the mod (and record gameplay vids because those are always fun). Well, see ya!

-TechWizard

UPDATE (02/25/17):
Here's the thing. It's not called Project Sand anymore. And there's other stuff, too.

I've been talking with my friend and he gave me quite a lot of suggestions. One of them was to rename Project Sand.

So ladies (are there any ladies here?) and gentlemen! I give you, "Enter the Game-trex". (I was inspired by Kenny GIles and his suggestions that he gave me.)

With a new name comes a new, more in-depth plot. Here it is!

"Video games and other stuff have gone missing in the town of Springfield. Everyone suspects Bart, but Bart is innocent. Someone else is behind all this. And it's your job to prove Bart's innocence (and strangle him shortly after) and find the true thief behind this mystery."

Let me clear things up. Last time I released a build of this mod, there was a tad bit of confusion. L1M2 is unfinished and really isn't meant to be played. There are still some things I need to do before I can release an updated build of the mod. I want to give it a few more missions so that you don't die of boredom after 2 missions. So expect a new build (if anyone even played the mod) sometime later. I don't know how later.

I'll be certain to update this post when the build DOES come out.

-TechWizard
To prevent two threads from existing at once, I went ahead and merged the original post with the newest one, and edited the title accordingly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

That being said, I really appreciate you taking a couple of my suggestions into hand. I stated I was going to test this mod out in my spare time several times at this point, but I've unfortunately been a bit busy. Luckily I'll have some free-time in the morning to be able to properly review the mod. I'll update my post accordingly (or make a new post if anybody else replies to this topic).

EDIT (02/25/17):
Got a chance to play it, finally! Here are my general thoughts on the mod's current two missions:

L1M0 - Homer and Bart: The Quest For Food:
Pros:
  • A surprising amount of objectives that are really fun.
  • Very effective music use. I really like the
  • Use of Bart's Ferrini provides the player with a fun sense of speed.
  • Well thought out use of all three fast food resturants.

Suggestions:
  • Having Bart's Ferrini in the pre-mission would be a nice bit of continuity.
  • Maybe have the music continue when you enter the Kwik-E-Mart?
  • I feel the Ferrini chase at the grocery store isn't necessary?
  • The ending is a bit strange in that the player never gets to see Marge and are asked to drive to the Cemetary afterwards.

L1M1 - The Mysterious Black Ferrini:
Pros:
  • The Black Ferrini has a really good .con file making it difficult to keep up with.
  • Fairly lengthy route.

Suggestions:
  • The waypoint by the Krusty Burger seems to be a bit small, so the Alien Ferrini does some circles in this area.

Overall, I was actually pleasantly surprised with some of this mod's current features. A couple of graphic edits look pretty nice (the laser glass edit, though lasers don't seem to tie into the game's story yet), though others look a bit strange (the Krusty Burger sign edit). The first mission surprisingly throws a lot at you which I enjoy, and L1M1 was pretty decently executed for what it was. There seem to be some small gaps in the story, but considering the basic premise and where it's currently going I imagine that'll fix itself later on. Not too shabby!
I liked the mod it would be better if you update it more often