Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher 1.11 Released (Required For Donut Mod: The Seaside Update)

Posted in Announcements
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
Community,

We have just published a new version of Lucas' Simpsons: Hit & Run Mod Launcher on our tools page of our SHAR Mods website. It introduces new features to already existing hacks and fixes to the launcher and hack support. The new version is required for Donut Mod: The Seaside Update to work.

Changelog:
coming later if @lucasc190 feels like making one

Sincerely,
Jake Andreøli
Can't play any missions using the new launcher. Whenever I A. talk to someone (ive tried a race, the bonus mission, and the regular mission I last saved on) and it would load the Mission Objectives screen (dunno what its called), or B. tried to load a mission from Mission Select, the game crashes with simpsons.exe has stopped responding. This didn't happen with the old launcher. Is this known to not work, i.e. are you waiting for SS update to release and that will work for the new launcher?

Edit: The vanilla game works fine when ran through the launcher, btw

Edit 2: Whoever sees this, can you link me the most recent version b4 1.11 so I can go back and finish all the stuff I didn't complete? I didn't complete some races/bonus missions because at some point after I beat them at the time, the game crashed, and I didn't redo them, so I'd like to redo them before SS comes out.
@gibstack693

I'm looking into the bug though it shouldn't matter soon. Did you overwrite every file including all the hacks with the new one.

Can you please upload your save game. Your save game will be located here:
\Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Saved Games\DonutMod3

Version 1.10.2 is available here.
When I opened the rar, I dragged the 2 folders (mods and hacks) and the .exe into the folder. It asked to move and replace existing files, or dont copy. I clicked the box to make every file do the same action, then clicked the move and replace. I'll just use 1.10.2 until we head to the beach and get

*puts on sunglasses*

seaside
Can you please upload your save game. Your save game will be located here:
\Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Saved Games\DonutMod3
Can you please do that for us; we're investigating this a little further now to make sure the launcher is working as it should as well as the mod. We're using an older version of the mod and we can't seem to replicate the issues.
Now, the game doesn't work, despite that being the same launcher I used before, and the game worked on that version of the launcher.

mega.nz/#!7UVkwQrY!Le20XTFkTjgg_q47HAMLJp1o3eYBtqWkeCVRbBsbIUQ - save file

I have some crash reports also. First one is with new launcher, second is with 1.10.2, what I had before.

mega.nz/#!7VNWRLoT!uDJmNpzfvDBWUp0S68-vh09_ODziwtbrQjT411VT1g0
mega.nz/#!nN13RBAB!6EkJs6yXCjDBSJmIMnhVA3j8QStFQpXIn7XFHjttcLA

Edit: I guess it has something to do with my saves. From what I can tell from trying to use a GTA: SA mod, pretending as though DM3 and Lucas Mod Launcher is the base game, and lucas mod launcher 1.11 is the mod, old saves from the base game won't work with saves from the mod. That appears to be what happened, and also that 1.11 corrupted my old saves as well.
Are you running the game or the launcher in compatibility mode? If you are you need to disable it. Also your game sounds like it's corrupted in someway. I'm really unsure.
Not running in compatibility mode. Read my edit above; I think my save is corrupted, long story short. My original game works fine through the launcher or not. My game doesn't seem to be corrupted since I can play the base game fine, as well as the mod, but my saves dont work. Could I have a completed DM3 save? I really want to experience level 3 without dealing with my old saves/completing level 1 and 2 again.
I've been looking into it and I can not get anything odd to happen with that save file you linked. If anyone has a save file, they'll give it but I don't think that's the issue sadly.

Quote From Lucas:
"From what I can tell from trying to use a GTA: SA mod, pretending as though DM3 and Lucas Mod Launcher is the base game, and lucas mod launcher 1.11 is the mod, old saves from the base game won't work with saves from the mod. That appears to be what happened"
That is because Rockstar store the address the user is up to in the compiled script file in the saved game and all the addresses in the compiled script file are different if it's a different compiled script file. That does not apply to The Simpsons Hit & Run, or much less, my mod launcher.

"and also that 1.11 corrupted my old saves as well"
That should not be possible unless the user saved over them

Lucas' Simpsons: Hit & Run Install Verifier.exe
Get them to run that and upload the output file or just the contents of the log (displayed on the window) if the output file is more than a few megabytes
It isn't my main game - i playtested the tutorial and the first 3 missions, they all worked.

It must either be my DM3 or my savegame. I made a new savegame for DM3, played up to the first 3 missions + tutorial, and it all worked. So I don't know how it couid be DM3. I have to go and won't be back until past 3, so hf with SS update everyone

Edit: I tried the thing you linked, but the only thing that showed up on the log was some coding mumbojumbo that meant it was starting and stopping, and that all the Hacks/Mods files were "unexpected".