Forum Mod Bakery Docs

L1M3 crashes my game

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Alright, so I posted my woes in the Lucas Mod Launcher 1.11 thread, but I figured I would make my own thread with what I can gather at this point.

L1M3 crashes my game when I made a new file. On my old file, however, whenever I start any mission, the game crashes. Everything else on my new file that I made to hopefully avert the problem works so far, the bonus mission, races etc. But on my old file, no missions work.

I'm attempting to make a new reinstall with some methods that Chief Wiggum may not approve of (since I don't have my original) but if that doesn't work, any ideas? If you need a crash report, there is a link to two of them on the Lucas Mod Launcher 1.11 thread. Not sure what else to try, since when I used Lucas Game Checker or w/e it's called, it didn't detect anything unusual. The original game works as normal up to where I'm having problems, on L1M3.
Wait. That last sentence. You're saying this happens with the original game too?
What I mean is, when I tested the original game, it worked as normal on L1M3, and that's as far as I tested. My original copy I have works fine on L1M3, and what I meant was that I hadn't tested past then.
I know I'm bumping but... please, i really need help with this... I cant play level 3 cause of my problem :(
You're last reply just confused me more and I don't get it. Did the mod ever work for you past that point?
I had beat donut mod up to the end of level 2 when it was released. I almost 100% but didn't at the time. So i came back to the mod when i heard the SS update was coming to get the things I missed, but when I tried to play on my old file, the game crashed whenever i tried to start or load a mission. The mission it was on was L1M3. Make sense so far?

So when I made a new save, I was able to play up to L1M3 on donut mod before the game started crashing. Everything worked up to that point.

After doing various things suggested by Jake on a different thread, I tried playing through the original game through the mod launcher but with no mods enabled. The game worked and didn't crash on L1M3. That's as far as I played on that file.

So I'm pretty sure that my original game is not the problem. Neither is the mod launcher, because the game crashes regardless of the version I use on DM3. My save isn't broken, its L1M3. But why? That is what my problem is.
So just that mission and nothing else then? I don't really understand how you're unable to play Level 3 if you have a save from before. Can you please upload your save file so I can try it in my game?
*sigh*

On my old file, however, whenever I start any mission, the game crashes.

That's why.

Save file: mega.nz/#!7UVkwQrY!Le20XTFkTjgg_q47HAMLJp1o3eYBtqWkeCVRbBsbIUQ

But like I said, its saved on L1M3, and that mission crashes my game, but not anyone elses, and that seems to be why i cant play on that file.

Edit: First video - this is what happens when I try to play on this file saved on L1M3, by chance, which is my old save that is almost 100%. Whenever I play the mission, I crash at mission objectives, if I pick a mission from mission select, I insta-crash, and whenever i do a street race, the game crashes as at the mission objectives screen. mega.nz/#!GUMU0YpK!-qETOBOqhuir3VQFdHdlhdVZn7Wu8YuGrDjh1UGNloQ
Upon trying your save, I was able to play L1M3 completely fine. In addition, I could also play Level 1's Bonus Mission just fine. In short, I'm not getting any of the crashing issues you're having.

Judging by how you got your copy through means that Springfield's finest policeman wouldn't approve, I kind of feel as if that's more of an issue with the copy you have. You claimed you ran it through Lucas' Hit & Run Install Verifier, but the information you gave is way too vague to know what that means. We're going to assume that this means that your install is corrupted. You might want to try and find a more "legit" source for this game, otherwise we can't take full responsibility for the crashes and issues you're experiencing.

Alternatively, you can upload the .gzip output that Lucas' Install Verifer spits out and let us take a quick look.
why do people interpret what i say incorrectly so much

I'm attempting to make a new reinstall with some methods that Chief Wiggum may not approve of 

Attempting to make a NEW reinstall.

(since I don't have my original)

since I don't have my original install of the game.

And with the lucas install verifier, like I said, the only thing it told me besides startup and finishing messages, and that all the Hacks/... and Mods/... files were "unexpected" nothing different or corrupted was found. Like I said, its not a problem with my original game, as 1. its from a clean source, 2. the install verifier said it was legit, and 3. i can play missions on the original game, even through the mod launcher, with no problem.