Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Old site reminiscing.....

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
In this post I am going to remember the old site with some reminiscings (partially rediscovered thanks to Wayback Machine):

-Login or Register to Download (2013-2014): this is a thing i already remembered before discovering Wayback Machine. One was supposed to register to the site before downloading anything. This was true in the glory days of DM's beginnings.....

-Level 5 Uncompressed files (2013-2014): I discovered this with Wayback Machine. Level 5's files, compressed in vanilla game for unknown reasons, have become editable with newer versions of P3D editor.

This is all for now. But.....if you remember something I don't, write it below!
[deleted user]
6 yrs ago (Statistics)
Ah, good ol' times, I remember everything you've listed
Don't quite remember the rest, lmao
I also think it would be good to play older DM versions like 2.0 to remeber how was it at at the time, since i have no reminiscing of it. It would be part of this website reminiscing project. But, unfortunately, i have not got any old version of the mod....
Today we were going through old site images we had, here are a few:
i.imgur.com/BDHjC0u.png - Our old private message system, Lucas had sent himself a ton of messages.
i.imgur.com/mlLJ1sD.png - Old members page
i.imgur.com/sBZ5649.png - Old downloads page (which I still miss)
i.imgur.com/6ZtkslP.png - Loren making a topic
i.imgur.com/BemHaok.png - Lucas, when he was banned. (no context needed)

Some of them are really cool looking, some are things we still miss or need to re-add, some is cringe. Either way, this community has grown so much.
Wow, I still remember the old website as well. But (if I recall correctly), you did have to sign up in order to download anything.
As a side note, I'd still like to try Donut Mod 2.0, I've only seen it on videos but I've never played it, and it wasn't available in Wayback Machine.
Yes, i'd like too, but unfortunately it's unrecoverable from the Wayback Machine and links in videos are obviously redirecting to the old site.
It seems it has completely vansihed from the Internet.
Its really bad, but maybe we can see what we can do.
-Replace files when asked: Back in 2013 in the very first version of the site (projectdonut.me), when launcher didn't exist yet, the mods were installed by replacing the game's files instead of placing them in the launcher's folders.

-Good ol' mods: Old 2013 mods like open source Audi TT, Inverted Rocket and Black Family Sedan made me remind of the site's beginnings.
I also remember there was a mod called Tales of Springfield. It looked very cool, and I guess many would have loved to try it out. I currently have no proof about it but the closest I have to it is this: