Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How to move interior enterance glow?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
You know how interiors in The Simpsons: Hit & Run have that blue glowing thing around the door? Well, I was goofing around in L1_TERRA.p3d and figured out how to successfully move some of the triggers to teleport the player into an interior. My question is: Does anybody know how to move the glowing thing, and which file(s) is it in?

Thanks in advance!
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
You need to edit X_door.p3d (from art/missions/generic/)
And lY_doors.p3d (from art/missions/level0?/)
I can't tell what do you need to edit exactly, since it depends on level and door you're editing

But, if you're editing Simpsons house, then you need to edit l1_doorstars' skeleton joints(disclose the Skeleton, and then edit the position pf level1doors1 and level1doors2) in l1_doors.p3d

You might also need to edit PTRN_l1_doorstars' vector channels

If it sounds too difficult or unclear, ask Nightbane in the DT Discord server. He knows more about these doors than me
Thanks for your help! I'll poke around in the files you mentioned and see what I can do.

Expect a status update of how it went. :)
Everything worked out perfectly, except (at least for me) L1_doorstars' skeleton in l1_doors.p3d were different:
  • level1doors == empty
  • level1doors1 == kwik e mart
  • level1doors2 == kwik e mart
  • level1doors3 == empty
  • level1doors4 == school
  • level1doors5 == school
  • level1doors9 == empty
  • level1doors7 == simpson's house
  • level1doors8 == simpson's house
Moving the door stars is a bit weird, changing orientation was something I found difficult. If you need help feel free to ping me on discord DM.
Thanks for the help offer, however I managed to move the doorstars around without a hitch. Except, like you mentioned, I didn't figure out rotations - but luckily none of the places I was moving to had a different rotation, so I didn't need to rotate them (Some of them are backwards, but you can't tell :P).
Nice!