Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Pointer Carsphere

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Adds a collectible that looks like carsphere but with an arrow pointing forward. Useful for guiding players where the next checkpoint is (and trolling players who don't even use the radar).

This is a framework, so you'll see this in Frameworks rather than All General Mods.

DOWNLOAD HERE?!

How To Use This For Your Own Missions

Since this is a framework, you'll need to add this in your mod's Meta.ini to use this.
RequiredFramework=PointerCarsphere

Add the following in your m#l.mfk file.
LoadP3DFile("art\missions\generic\pointer.p3d");

As you've probably already figured, this is intended to be used for races. The collectible is simply named "pointer", so you'd put "pointer" as the second parameter in AddCollectible(). Here's an example.
AddCollectible("sr1_waypoint1","pointer");
AddCollectible("sr1_waypoint2","pointer");
AddCollectible("sr1_waypoint3","pointer");

When positioning your locators in your P3D file with the "From Game" button (including their matrices, because otherwise the arrow won't change direction), the arrow will point to whatever direction you're facing. Position only your trigger volume, THEN orient yourself and position the locator and its matrix.

For some reason, the arrow will only face north in goto objectives no matter where you were facing when you positioned the locator, so DON'T YOU DARE USE THIS FOR THEM.
Nice. I might use this when I start modding.
I think this is a really cool idea. I'm curious to see how it get's used.

That said I'm not sure about distributing it as a framework. Seeing as how it's just a single pickup, I think it would be easier for developers and players especially if mods just had their own copy of the file.
thx pal now i can play waylons story