Forum Mod Bakery Docs

An... odd competition of sorts (CLOSED, WE HAVE A WINNER!)

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi. I'm DeepFriedBurger. You may remember me from such great topics as "Clueless Mission Glitch?" and "We're looking for new Donut Bot introduction messages!"!

I've decided to host a competition, and an odd one at that.

WHAT DO YOU I HAVE TO DO?
The competition itself is based off of one of my favorite things to bring up, a cut music track for level 7. As some of you know, out-of-bounds, you can find a strange piece of music which resembles the song from the show's "Homer the Great" episode, "We Do". You must post a video on to this topic (obviously) that shows you going from The Simpsons' house to the location where you decide to get out of bounds, and then finding the music and listening to it for one full loop. Whoever does this the quickest by the deadline (1st of December 2018) wins. Now you see why I said it is odd.

RULES

- The video must show you going from the Simpsons' house to the location where you choose to get out of bounds, and then you finding the music and listening to it for a full loop.

- The entire time limit (from video start to finish) counts.

- If two people get the same time, the one who posted it first (provided said time is the best) will win.

- This must be done in the vanilla game. No mods or mod launcher features are allowed. Using these will disqualify you.

- You can use cheat codes from the vanilla game.

WHAT IS THE REWARD?
A prayer from the Lord's number one fan... Just kidding.

The reward is split into two:

1. You know how when people release a mod there are people who want to bug test it but can't? Part one of the reward is that you get to bug test my upcoming mod, HELLFISH MODE (When I actually get the required stuff, which could be a while...
2. You get to choose what my avatar on the site is for a week.

These may seem like "bad" ideas, but this is my first time doing something like this.

Cheers, and may the better member win!

EDIT: I don't want to spam the forums so I'm squeezing in a quick question here: How do I get rid of notifications which I've received on the site that appear when you are signed i and you click the bell next to you're avatar/username?

Dunno why, but here, an "entry"
(It's inside the spoiler)
Spoiler
So, you may ask: "Why does music starts somewhere at the middle?", and I'm gonna answer: Because I was "practising" this crap before actually shooting it
And yeah, for some reason I wasn't able to enable "Jump on horn" cheat(I honestly tried, guess that has something to do with my PC? Since pressing Fn + F1 doesn't works at all, while pressing F1 shuts down the sound and still doesn't works), so I used cheat keys, is that ok?
I've also used DebugTests, only for you to see that the music has looped (I also waited for two loops to loop, so you won't miss any of those looping loops)
And yeah, I had a video of me following the trigger pattern to find the music running in the background, but it was completely useless (Since I was wandering the entire video)
Also in the end I've included that trigger pattern you have to follow to find those music bits, so, yeah
(Also some idiot kept calling me, so I had to pause the video ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Thank you, CMB.

Gordon CMB has set the current best time to 15:44.

Also, the second music track that you found? Where is it meant to play? At one point you were going through the (should exist) inside of the plant and there was text telling you where you were (would be if the map existed).. Where in the map does the second track play? Is it outside the tunnel, etc...?

NEW RULE: Users may re-attempt the contest, as long as they understand that only their most-recent entry counts.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
I assume the second track should've played outside the stonecutters tunnel
(If you've meant the organ music - it's played inside the tunnel)
No. I did mean "stone_cutter_spoof". The debug display when said track was playing mentioned this:

"burns_tinnel_loop"
?
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Judging by this, it was meant to be played somewhere at his Mansion (At the tunnel to the powerplant(?)), but the locator itself is placed somewhere near the Stonecutters "building", so, I'm not entirely sure now where it was supposed to be playing
Now I'm gonna go and try re-adding(or moving if it's present) this locator to L1, L4
Good luck with that, CMB! I'd love to know the results so that this mystery will finally be solved!

P.S. You don't mind me referring to you as "CMB", do you? It's catchy.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thanks)
And no, you can even call my full name if you want to
Sure thing, Gordon.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Apparently, I succeded. And I can see why they removed it
Spoiler
This definitely needs some more work