Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Simpsons Vaporwave Mod V. 1.2 [WIP]

Please login to contribute to the conversation.

Trailer:

Description:
This is a total conversion mod that aims to replace the entire game's theme with vaporwave.
Currently this mod is in it's early stages and it's assets can be subject to change in later versions.

So far this mod replaces/adds:
  • Textures for all levels
  • All cars (Including pedestrian and hidden bonus cars)
  • Theme music (including walking music)
  • New Font
And more!

What still needs replacing/adding:
  • Custom cards
  • More custom skins
  • Mission music
  • Colors need adjustments

Screenshots:

NOTE:
This mod is currently a WIP and is developed (and play tested) by one person, so bugs/inconsistencies may exist in your play through.
(If you find any issues with this mod that you would like to report to me, please send me a message on this site or comment on the trailer video)

ALSO NOTE:
I am aware of some of the inconsistencies/bugs such as:
-Colored race hosts and Homer in the colorless level
-A few unchanged mission specific vehicles
-Level theme music still playing sometimes when exiting a vehicle
-Some Bad AI drivers.
Etc.

The custom costumes for level 5 and 7 are purposefully not select-able because they are not implemented. The main characters of those levels are not coded to be the same are the original, therefore custom costumes are not possible as of yet.

Download Link:
Vaporwave Mod V1.2

(I apologize for the very long wait for the fix, I was working up an update for this mod that i was going to release with this fix, but it ended up taking wayy too long to finish, so I removed the updated files, and I am just releasing the mod with the fix and minor changes for now.)

Concerning Shaders:
This mod used to include optional shaders that I feel add to the vaporwave aesthetic. Because I do not know if the Donut Team would allow these shaders due to the install requiring files being put into the main Hit & Run directory, I have removed the shaders from the download. However, if you would still like to download these shaders for your play through, I have included a download link on the trailer video and I also put the link to the shaders in the README included with the mod.

Credits (Included with the mod in the options menu):

I am the only developer of this mod, however I used assets that I have not created. So I have done my best to give credit where credit is due.
There are some unmentioned credits in the video, so here are a few:

Credits Theme: Still Corners - The Trip

Phonebooth Theme: VECTOR GRAPHICS - DESTINE

Main Menu Theme: Whitewoods - Beach Walk

Bart's New Lv2 Car - eezerz (3D Warehouse)

EDIT:
Thanks to MACCA for helping me reduce file size and for the wireframe ped suggestion

If I missed any credits that you believe is creditworthy, please post a comment on the credits video or message me here and I will try my best to add the credit
Haven't played the mod yet so I'm judging based on the video you posted (when I do play the game and my opinion changes I will edit this post.
I think the colours are a bit too over the top. I understand that you are trying to go for the that A E S T H E T I C look but high contrasting colours don't work too well in 3d but that's just my opinion.

The idea is brilliant tho and I can appreciate the work you have put into this. while there have been similar mods like this none of them have gone for the complete vaporwave style. I would suggest in an updated version that you try and incorporate some videos into the skyboxes or other textures using the new video support feature. it would be cool to see textures like these or any other aesthetic gifs in the maps as part of the sky or billboards.

Not sure how Donutteam deal with using music like that though mainly due to copyright reasons. At the moment its a grey area but at the moment i dont think its a big deal so you should be fine especially since other mods have gotten away with it.

I will play this mod later on. I'm actually wearing a long sleeve VHS shirt right now so im dressed appropriately for playing it.

EDIT after playing the mod and helping reduce the file size: Honestly this is one of the most relaxing things to play. Normally people don't take mods with immersion breaking vehicles or textures in but this mod actually works so well with them. I think there might still be issues with the RCF since I got the no cd error once but the music and the cues are done perfectly which is actually surprising since most modders in this community don't do a good job of this. The mod is a little broken and I know that will probably change soon, but overall its an amazing mod and i definately reccomend that people try it out especially in the multiplayer.
I wonder if it's worth the file size...
"I wonder if it's worth the file size...

JESUS CHRIST!
I apologize for the file size, most of it is the music. I will try and compress the audio tonight and hopefully re upload with a much smaller size soon.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Yh you might have to find ways of cutting the size down. I think I know why there is a problem with it.
Also, the optional shaders aren't something we have seen before and I think the staff will have a problem with that since it replaces the game files.
I might take the download link down for the time being then until I find a way to cut the file size. I will also probably remove the shaders from the download and include it as a separate download on the trailer video.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
if you are on the donut team discord I can help you with that issue
btw I am playing it right now and its actually really impressive
I love level 7
It's not a bad mod at all its just that the files are organised badly
I am on the donut team discord with the same name as the forums. I appreciate your offer for assistance.
looks good!