Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My derby challenge crashes the game when restarting after... an affair

Posted in Support
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
It's kind of hard to explain... but I'll try to explain as best as I can.

I made a derby challenge where there are three vehicles that you have to take down (you only needed to take down one, and I can easily make it so you must destroy all three of them, but the former method seems the most stable to me at the moment), and those vehicles will fight back. The challenge works fine and all, but the problem is that no matter how I redesign the challenge so that it matches my idea in a way (for example, rearranging the locators, placing the locators into the level's P3D file instead of the challenge's P3D file), the game always seems to crash after a couple of restarts/forfeits, most prominently every time a certain vehicle (it's usually not the target vehicle) gets destroyed before restarting/forfeiting the challenge.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, after beating the challenge after restarting when this one vehicle gets destroyed, moving on to the next challenge/level crashes the game.

If you're going to ask for my files for my challenge, I just want to point something out. I WAS going to add a couple of people on Skype so I can privately show them my files, but I thought of something better. I decided I'm going to add my files to Google Drive (includes a few links to download the files, and that of course means that I have to somehow add you to the list of people who have permission to view the doc, and that's risky if you ask me), and paste the entire text from my LUA files so any developer can easily and visually point to any part that doesn't work correctly with that "flaw" included. Plus, with a group of people, it could be good for discussing...

But before I actually make the doc, I just want to know about something ahead of time so I don't waste time building the doc. With those derby challenges in Donut Mod, did there happen to be an earlier idea to have your opponents be fought simultaneously? If so, did it work properly for you? If not, then I guess I don't even need to show you my files. Otherwise, I'll start making my doc and, if requested, add anybody who cares (developers only, please).
I'd need to look at the files to be of any help.

It is probably better to add me on Skype (mrduckbringer) so I don't have to share snippets of your code publicly here to help you out, but if you don't want to I have another method. You can send them to my private Dropbox here (you don't need a dropbox account). That could save you the time of sharing it with me on Google Drive and I'd also prefer it this way.
OK, I sent you the files. (How come I didn't think of Dropbox earlier? At least it saved a lot of time.)

I'm going to assume the "fighting all of the opponents simultaneously in a derby in Donut Mod" idea wasn't planned.
Yeah I was notified right away. I'll take a look and see what I find.
I created a similar challenge earlier and started changing it so it plays exactly like the other challenge that has problems (the only differences being it takes place in level 3, and there are four vehicles that fight back). For some reason, when I destroyed all of the non-target vehicles, the game didn't crash after restarting, even when I did the same thing four consecutive times. Well, now I'm fully stumped.
I forgot to mention that idea was planned for Donut Mod, but it caused problems. Like if you destroy a car before the stage where you're told to the game would crash when reaching the stage.
Strange because in my challenge, when a non-target vehicle gets destroyed and then the next stage begins, the previously destroyed vehicle just respawns with full health with no crashes interfering with the transition.

Anywho, this sure rules out the original idea for my challenge, but didn't that file I sent you comment out the other stages?
Well, well, well; If It isn't J********. I had a surprise for you, watch this: donut.team/forum/topic/216/
Oh! You had to play BLOODY cat 'n' mouse, did ya? Yeah? Well, we are all gonna pay the price! 'Cuz we're all gonna BLOODY DIE!! You are too hard to trick, huh, tough guy? THE MOD IS A LIE....
Looks like I solved the problem. I had to make the "death triggers" (or whatever they're called, but I call them "respawn triggers") in the P3D file in separate locators. Thanks for trying to help, though. Now, I suggest that somebody should lock this topic so you-know-who doesn't start posting more off-topic things here.