Forum Mod Bakery Docs

add other forced car

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
well , i fixed the Mission trouble, but i want to do this
Mission 0 L1how to do that? what i need to add to my mission file?
ex : Like in M3L2 from Donut Mod , you talk to the cbg And you get back to the Car again
i want something like this, but after i talk to Gil , use other car
Question 2: how to make Vehicle icons and location icons?
Like, i want to make Bart's ferrini , Homer 70's sport car or Springfield Church icons, how?
We have a goto stage where you go to the Java Server, then a timer stage where we fade to black then place the player and the car, then there's the dialogue stage. Then after the dialogue stage, we put the player back into the car.

Now I'll give a more detailed example of that from our actual mission script (lots of irrelevant code is omitted here like setting the hud icon, stage message, content of dialogue stages, and content of some objectives).

Here's our stage for driving to the Java Server, we use SetFadeOut at the end so the screen is black when we reposition the character in the next stage.

AddStage(2)   
   AddObjective("goto")
      SetDestination("javaserver2","carsphere")
   CloseObjective()

SetFadeOut(0.1)
CloseStage()
Next we use a timer stage, which is a dummy objective which will proceed to the next stage after the number of seconds specified in SetDurationTime.

We use AddNPC to place cbg (Comic Book Guy) at cbg_javaserver.

We use AddStageCharacter here to place bart at bart_java and comic_v at comic_v_java.

AddStage(3)
   AddObjective("timer")
      AddNPC("cbg","cbg_javaserver")
      AddStageCharacter("bart","bart_java","","comic_v","comic_v_java")

SetDurationTime(1)
   CloseObjective()
CloseStage()
Here's the dialogue, I omitted most of the code in this case because it's not relevant to this. Note that we fade out again in this stage so when we place the player back in the car, it's seamless.

AddStage()
   AddObjective("dialogue")
   CloseObjective()

SetFadeOut(0.1)
CloseStage()
And now we're at the delivery stage.

Here we use AddStageCharacter again to place bart at NULL (this will put him into the car) and comic_v at comic_v_carstart2.

AddStage()
   AddStageCharacter("bart","NULL","","comic_v","comic_v_carstart2")

AddObjective("delivery")
   CloseObjective()
CloseStage()
As for new icons, you can find the games original ones in art/frontend/dynaload/images/msnicons. You can copy one into your mods CustomFiles folder, rename it (and the chunks inside it) and insert a custom image. Then just load it in your mission and use the name.
thank you