Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Beta Build Help

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I've just installed the beta build of the game from MEGA. Do I need anything besides what's already on Windows 10 to open it, or do I just open it? Since it's essentially just an early build of the game, I'm assuming that it will just run on it's own.
The beta build is the PS2 version of the game. In order to run it on a PC, you would need a PS2 emulator. If you would instead prefer to run it on an original PS2, you would need to use FreeMcBoot or something similar.
Ok, thanks. Does anyone know of where I can download a SAFE Playstation 2 emulator? If so, please leave a link.
As this game is a PS2 game, it needs either an emulator or a console to run. I recommend PCSX2.

If it runs laggy on PCSX2, go to Config > Emulator settings and select options as such:

EE/IOP

EmotionEngine - Recompiler
IOP - Recompiler
EE/FPU Advanced Recompiler Options - Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode - Normal

VUs
VU0 - microVU Recompiler
VU1 - microVU Recompiler
VU0/VU1 Advanced Recompiler Options - Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode - Normal

GS
Aspect Ratio - Standard 4:3
Zoom - 100%
Rest all unticked, unless you want them to ticked.

Speedhacks

Tick "Enabled speedhacks"
EE Cyclerate - 2
VU Cycle Stealing - 3
Tick "Enable INTC Spin Detection", "mVU Flag Hack" and "Enable Wait Loop Detection". Rest unticked.

Gamefixes

All unticked.

I'm using a 1.6 North American BIOS for reference.

A 100% save can be found here. This save can be applied using MyMC. If you need help with finding the DLL's to run it, please message me on Discord, Based#6969.

If you are wanting to look inside the files, the ISO that was original provided was ESR patched. You can find an unpatcher tool for it here. Just select the "Unpatch" button, then the ISO (I think the ISO was unpatched when the guy re-uploaded it however, in which case if you have that one ignore it). After you have done this, mount it with a program such as Virtual CloneDrive or similar (pretty sure Windows has one built in now or something) and extract the files that way. Please note the files are for the PS2 of the game, so most are not compatible for PC if you plan on dragging and dropping the files for a mod, or something, so more work will need to be done for that.

If you want to play on PS2, look into "Open PS2 Loader". You will need a softmodded PS2. Plenty of tutorials online for that. The game name is "SLUS_206.24.SHAR".

Good luck.
I previously tries it on PCSX2. It would not appear as something that I could play and wouldn't let me browse for it in my files. It stated that things downloaded off of the internet won't work with it.
Works fine with me, and countless other people on the forum that tried it. Did you install a PS2 BIOS for PCSX2?
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Oops. I appear to have read the text on PCSX2 incorrectly. I do not have the BIOS. Where can I obtain it?
You can obtain the bios as described in my post above.
Yes, but when I Google it, it comes up with all sorts of results, and any of them could be a virus. Do you know of any safe place to get it?