Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Traffic Car Colors

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
How do you enable/disable the multicolor spawning of certain traffic cars (Minivan, SedanA/B SportsA/B Pickup, CompactA etc...)
Ex: Glasstruc spawning in different colors from Donut Mod.
You'll find the scripts responsible for loading in traffic cars in level.mfk in the scripts\missions folder. If you'd like to add car models to traffic or remove them, you'll find it all in there.
The car's P3D file needs to have a shader named "CARNAME_m". For example "minivanA_m" for "minivanA".

Then, this shader's texture should have slightly transparent parts. This indicates to the game which part you want to be recolored. Radical usually makes these parts gray as that's the best color to use when applying the random color to the car.

Once you setup the car's file like that, you need to make your mod require "CustomCarSupport" and tell it that this car is recolourable in "CustomCarSupport.ini" in the root of your mod.
[glastruc]
Recolourable=1

With that example, I want to point out that by default the glass truck has a non-translucent blue texture. For Donut Mod, we modified the blue part to be slightly translucent and gray to support this functionality.

To the left is Radical's texture, to the right is Donut Mod's.
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
So I've modified the textures from blue to gray and made it half translucent but in the game the car was still spawning in gray. I even had "[glastruc] Recolourable=1" in CustomCarSupport.

Quick question but is there any documentation on CustomCarSupport because i can't find any on the documentation thing
Akshio

I made a page for it today that you can find here.

Carrying on from the duplicate topic.

I didn't catch this at the time I originally responded but the name of the shader in the glass truck would also need to be renamed. By default it's "glasstruc_m" when the internal name is "glastruc" with one "s".

Alright it works! Thanks for the mini tut!