Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Crash in Randomiser

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I've been playing the Randomiser mod, but when I got to Level 3, the game would crash whenever I got near a street lamp. By unlocking all missions, I saw that even Level 4 onward has this issue.

Here's an example:

Outside of this mod, this doesn't happen. Is there maybe something I have to enable/disable? I'd like help with this.
Can you send me a screenshot of the main menu please? (The text at the bottom contains a lot of useful information for us)

EDIT: Actually, looking at the screenshot you've already sent, you have the random mission levels enabled. This is still extremely experimental and might be the cause of this crash. Try and disable it and see if this still happens
I disabled the Random Mission Levels, but the same error occurred.

And here's the main menu like you asked:

The fact it's near lights if confusing, but might mean some limit is being exceeded.
Could you provide:
Other mods/hacks enabled?
The crash dump (Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Crashes)

The randomiser log
- Turn on the console & logging hack in the Developer tab
- Ask Logging to be enabled and check (Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Logs)
- (Optional) turn on Verbose logging in the randomiser options to show *every* file created by the randomiser - this log file will be pretty big and hard to upload but might help if the files are corrupt.

For a start maybe the crash dump so we can try to find what is crashing

Thanks!
I'm not sure how you'd want me to provide the crash dump, seeing as nothing I have normally opens it and opening it in Notepad gives me garbled nonsense. I don't see any way to upload it here.
You can upload it to an external file hosting service and then provide a link here.
Here's a link to the crash dump.
Thanks very much! Yes they are not easily analysed but I had a look

0019fd44 004a9398 Simpsons!tName::SetUID+0x8                                                                            
0019fda4 0043e54d Simpsons!RenderManager::OnProcessRequestsComplete+0x168                                               
0019fde0 028963dd Simpsons!LoadingManager::OnLoadFileComplete+0x6d                                                      
0019fe24 0289648c Hacks+0xa63dd                                                                                         
0019ff80 760c8494 Hacks+0xa648c                                                                                        
0019ff94 77ad41c8 kernel32+0x18494                                                                                      
0019ffdc 77ad4198 ntdll+0x641c8                                                                                         
0019ffec 00000000 ntdll+0x64198  

It looks like an invalid file (probably p3d/model) is being made by the randomiser. If you could provide the verbose log it would be really helpful but I'll try to have a look if I can see a bug or find out more about "tName" and what might be the issue.
Here's the link to the Verbose log.
Do you have discord for easier talking?

Is the crash consistent at all, if so can you provide steps to replicate it?