Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Adding a new Level

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Okay, so I wanted to add a Level 8 to my mod just to test if it worked and do some stuff, however I don't even know if that's possible.

I have copied over Level 1'scripts/missions/level01files and also the art/missionsllevel01 files into a level08 folder in the right locations for both.

However, when I go into the game, Level 8 doesn't appear on the mission select screen. I have also added a CustomStatTotals file and added levels=8 to it.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible, if so what am I doing wrong?

Having more than 7 levels is impossible due to hardcode AFAIK
Weasel on a stick is correct, it is currently impossible. The level08 and level09 folders are leftover from some initial setup during the game's development. That said, adding upwards of seven levels hardly seems like something that's really needed now anyway since most mods have 1-3 levels at most.
Lmao I thought AFAIK was a programming term until I just looked it up
But anyways from what I understand you need to know how to edit the "Simpsons.exe" file to do that. There's other things that are also inside that file such as the keyboard controls, cheats, and the needing-the-CD function; as opposed to external folders which have the sound files, artwork files, texture files, mission scripts, and purchasing vehicles/clothes scripts, etc.

Editing .exe files isn't nearly as easy as editing the external files for this game which are an English-language coding that you can simply edit in Notepad or whatever. You'd need to use a software such as x32dbg/x64dbg to edit the .exe file and change or remove the coding that makes it so the game can't have more than 7 levels. I know what those programs do but to actually use them fluently, hopefully one of the admins can do that.
[deleted user]
3 yrs ago (Statistics)
It's definitely not as easy as editing the mission scripts, and I would strongly advice to refrain from even attempting this, especially if you have no idea what are you doing, you might just end up corrupting the executable
I'd say, the best way to add an extra level - is to wait for Lucas to release a hack that allows this