Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How do I make mods work for me?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
help me I try to activate mods and it does not work for me.
Read through these three steps Installing Mods
I RECAMEND DOWNLOADING WINRAR BEFORE THIS PROCESS
MAKE SURE THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN APPLICATION IS ON THE HOME SCREEN OF YOUR PC
1 DOWNLOAD LUCCASES SIMPSON HIT AND RUN MOD LAUNCHER ON DONUT TEAM
2 EIGHT CLICK IT AND IF YOU DOWNLOADED WINRAR THERE WILL BE AN OPTION LIKE EXTRACT TO DESKTOP CLICK THAT AND IT WILL BE ON YOUR HOME SCREEN
3 DOWNLOAD THE MODS YOU WANT AND EXTRACT TO DESKTOP LIKE YOU DID WITH THE MOD LAUNCHER
4 IF THE MOD IS IN A FILE DRAG IT OUT TO HOME SCREEN ( IT MIGHTENED BE IN A FILE )
5 DRAG THE MOD INTO THE MODS FOLDER IN LUCASES SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN MOD LAUNCHER
6 EX OUT OF EVERYTHING AND OPEN THE MOD LAUNCHER FILE AGAIN
7 THAN OPEN THE LUCASES SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN MOD LAUNCHER UNDER MODS
8 TICK THE MOD YOU WANT TO START CLICK LAUNCH AND FILES WILL OPEN UP
9 GO TO DESKTOP ON THE LEFT OF THE FILES SCREEN
10 SELECT THE SIMPSONS GAME CLICK OPEN AND THE MODDED GAME WILL LAUNCH
FOR ANY OTHE QUETIONS ASK ME
Continuing from the previous thread since I feel both of these issues can be merged (given the relatively small time span between both posts and similarities in the issues), what issues are you having with The Homer Pack 2? Are you unable to see and enable the mod in the Launcher, or are you having difficulty finding out where the costumes are?

The post Duff linked explains how to properly install mods and is a good starting point if you’re entirely new to the ordeal. The post above also gives a decent guide explaining how to extract .rar/.7zip archives (which some other community mods are compressed with as well).

If you’re having issues using the costumes, the main forum post states that you’ll still have to buy them in-game in order to use them. Be sure to check Level 7’s shop for the remaining costumes!

(Also stealth moved this to the appropriate board.)
yes i can't enable mod in launcher
(Apologies for the late reply. Twisted my ankle last night and went to bed kinda early since it soured my mood.)

That's very strange. So it's not appearing at all in your list of mods in the Launcher? I double checked the download link for the Homer Pack 2 and realized it's being distributed as a standard .lmlm file, so you shouldn't have to extract it or anything. Apologies for mentioning that in my previous reply since that might make things a bit more confusing!

Head on over to our downloads page and grab the latest version of the Launcher to make sure you're nice and up to date (here's a quick link to that). Go ahead and extract the folder like you normally would. You should just be able to right click the folder and choose 'Extract All' if you don't have 7-Zip.

Go ahead and grab the Homer Pack 2 from the official MEGA link that Weasel shared. Once it asks you to save it, go ahead and save it in the Launcher's 'Mods' folder. This is the easiest directory to save mods under since the Mod Launcher looks in there without the need to set up any other alternative directories.

Launch the Launcher and it should appear alongside your other mods, under the 'General' tab. Go ahead and Launch the game, and the costumes should be available! Again, you'll probably need a save file that has Level 7 unlocked in order to easily access the costumes. Debug Test and Starting Coins are probably the best in this scenario if you haven't made much progress in the PC version of the game yet. Otherwise, you can decompile the mod and change how the rewards are handled accordingly.

Hopefully that helps! Lemme know if you need any further assistance or if it still isn't showing up.

I put it in the mods folder, I opened the launcher but it did not appear
I'm not sure I understand the issue currently on-going. The mod should be appearing if it was dropped into the appropriate directory, which it sounds like it is. Is this the only mod this occurs with? Have you tried any other mods that aren't shipped with the Launcher to confirm this is an issue only with Homer Pack 2? Here are some steps to try and troubleshoot the issue:

• Are you positive you're on the latest version of the Launcher? Newer mods usually have higher version requirement counts and you might get a pop-up window explaining it can't be loaded due to that. Make sure there aren't any pop-ups when loading the Launcher.
  • Have you clicked the 'Reload' button or exited out of and re-entered the Launcher? The mod Launcher won't scan directories again until that button is clicked or until the Launcher is executed again.
  • Have you tried another mod already in .lmlm format that's not shipped with the Launcher, such as Jake's Microtransactions mod? We also have several others you could try as well, but I just quickly grabbed a random example that isn't zipped up or anything for convenience sake. Download it, and plop it in the 'Mods' folder and try again.
  • You could also try plopping the mods in C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\My Games as well. The mod launcher also looks in this directory as well for mods.

If that still doesn't work, could I please see some screenshots of:

There are two ways to grab screenshots of the two areas mentioned:

• Windows offers a Print Screen functionality. Simply hold Alt+PrtSc in order to take a snapshot of the currently active window. You can then paste it into Windows Paint, save the image, and upload it to a image sharing site such as Imgur. More in-depth instructions regarding how to use Windows Print Screen is available here.
  • Alternatively, you can use the Snipping Tool and upload to Imgur. More information on this is available here. You would still have to upload the image to a place like Imgur, however.

Please let me know if any of the troubleshooting steps above helped any, or share the screenshots if you're still having issues. Thank you!
He tells me this:
"Could not load the mod "Homer Pack 2". The required hack "CustomFiles" is not loaded."
It sounds as if based on the information given the Launcher can’t find the hacks properly?

When you extract the Launcher, do not move any of the files present in the ‘DLL’ folder or ‘Mods’ folder. Those should be left as-is and the Launcher will automatically scan those directories! Simply choose ‘Extract All’, then run the executable without tampering with the placement of anything else. That should resolve the issue specified.

If all else fails, can I please see an image of where your Mos Launcher is kept? Thank you!