Departing from Donut Team

Posted in Announcements
This topic has been locked and can no longer be replied to.
In 2016, three years after we started this project, I nearly called it quits. It took Loren and Kenny talking me down and finding more purpose in what we're doing. I do graciously thank them for that opportunity. Each release that we made brought me a lot of joy knowing that people were playing and creating with the building blocks we set out for them. It sparked joy within the community and brought me happiness to be apart of it. However, in the last few years, this purpose has turned sour and has become a reason I was starting to feel resentment towards the team and community.

With each release date growing farther and farther away, it slowly and surely hurt my own feelings towards this team. That isn't to say any one person is to blame, in a sense we all are. However, the same feeling that I have is shared with many community members. As such, some of your frustrations have been voiced to us and we've tried to help you understand the predicament we've been in.

Some community members still do not understand, and that's okay. However, the reason I am beyond frustrated is the lack of care that some people have done when we've made our intentions loud and clear.

The reason I am leaving is not because one or two people disagree with something and I am throwing a temper tantrum like someone would like to believe. I am not leaving because there are some people here who like to troll or cause mayhem. The reason I am leaving is I simply do not feel there is a place for me in this team anymore; I can not consistently deal with the wave after wave of issues when my team offers no solution.

I wish Donut Team and its members the best.

Signing off,
Jake
This post has been removed.
Posted 2 months ago · View Statistics
Posted 2 months ago · Edited 2 months ago
This thread is just meant to be Jake's goodbye to the community. As such, I have removed the discourse that has transpired here and I am locking the thread.

That is all.

Edit:

Actually, I should add that I don't really fully follow everything that has happened but I would greatly appreciate if this drama could just stop.

In regards to the community at large and the future of the website, the remaining members of the team will have to have internal discussions regarding what we do about that. I don't know how long it will take before we have anything concrete.