Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Missing things in PC from console.

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
The Windows port of Hit & Run didn't have the few things carried over from the console ports. I noticed the signs by Elementary School and Community Centre of Levels 1, 4 and 7 don't ever randomise their text displays, so they always show "TODAY IS DIORAMA-RAMA" and "TONIGHT: BRAD GOODMAN". Also there aren't extra colours for the traffic cars.

Nuclear Power Plant, First Church of Springfield and the Springfield Stadium of Levels 2 and 5 still have their changing sign messages intact, though.
I understand that the text randomisation boards were an "incorrectly exported data chunk" (as stated from The Cutting Room Floor), but if it's possible for them to work again, I'm sure Lucas can handle that in a future update for his Mod Launcher tool... Right?

To be fair, that would be good as restored extras. Then the game would feel like a complete experience on Windows just like on console ports.
[...]but if it's possible for them to work again, I'm sure Lucas can handle that in a future update for his Mod Launcher tool... Right?

Anyone can do that, as I mentioned in my reply to your previous post. I could go into detail on how to do it but I rather do that in a form of private messaging than using the threads.
These could easily be 'resolved' with a mod. To my knowledge, all the textures from Springfield Elementary & Community Center (and many more) are still in the game's files, just not as 'Random Texture' chunks & about the traffic car colors, Lucas has already made a hack you can configure in your mod to make the traffic cars use more colors right here.

As for the 'extras', so far Lucas has already ported few 'console exclusive' features into the game, such as the Hover Car's Refraction, Lens Flare, and I believe aspect ratio support as well (which you can enable in your Settings tab on the launcher].

Restored extras could easily be achieved by enabling these hacks/settings & just editing few p3d files, adding a Random Texture chunk with all the textures that should be randomized inside it.
This post has been removed.
2 yrs ago (Edited 2 years ago)