Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I get a black screen when trying to enter the game, plz help!? *RESOLVED*

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys, I'm not sure why this is happening, I'm currently using a zenbook 14 with windows 10 along with the Mod loader.
I'm waiting for a legitimate copy of hit and run in the mail but I'm curious if I can get this to work just incase the disk version has the same issue.
Help is appreciated, thanks!!
**I GOT IT TO WORK GUYS**
I fiddled with the device manager and disabled some HID-Compliant consumer control devices until I found the right one, I always kept one enabled encase I need the drivers running. This may not fix everyone's game. Make sure you message someone like a staff member here at Donut Team so they can potentially find out if it is indeed a direct input device causing the issue or something else and make sure you send them a crash report if you can. For me the game displayed nothing but a black box and no other details, most people don't encounter the same issue I did but if you do I recommend that you please message the Donut team first. They know what they are doing and can potentially get back to you about problems like this real quick on their discord: forum.donutteam.com/tunnel?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdonut.team%2Fdiscord . Be respectful guys, and you might get the help you need!
Hey there yourself! Welcome to the forums! While we typically don’t offer support for cracked copies of the game due to issues verifying that each crack is clean (and to not upset Mr. Mouse), the issue sounds perplexing and might also occur with the legitimate disc version you’re waiting to receive. This is an issue I don’t believe I’ve heard of before?

Is there any further detail you can provide, if you don’t mind me asking? Does the game window open up and you don’t see anything else after that? Does the game window stop responding? Does it get to the license screen before fading to black and not doing anything?

Last major question I can think of is what version is your Zenbook 14? I’m seeing a couple through an online search that have slightly varying GPUs.

Thank you!
Hey there, Thanks for getting back to me! I can send a photo of the order or something to sort of verify that I own a legitimate copy. Also when I start the game it doesn't show the license screen it just remains black and stops responding not long after. I'm currently using a Zenbook 14 UX434FAC_UX434FA.
I'm expecting the legit copy in the mail in about 5 days, hoping it won't glitch out as well. Wish me luck! :D
Keen to try out this Donut Mod!!

(Posts merged by moderator.)

I hope I'm not being annoying, I'm just genuinely excited. I'll definitely recommend to everyone I know. I was 3 when this game came out XD

Thanks for the reply I'm going to try that now. And I'm curious is it okay if Simpsons.exe is set to read-only?
Just tried it and nothing seems to save to the crash folder..
And you got cards with your game? I got the Best Seller Series edition so I doubt I get any cards but oh well aha. Sounds really cool though, nostalgic.
This post has been removed.
2 yrs ago (Statistics)
I'm expecting the legit copy in the mail in about 5 days, hoping it won't glitch out as well. Wish me luck! :D
Keen to try out this Donut Mod!!

(Posts merged by moderator.)

I hope I'm not being annoying, I'm just genuinely excited. I'll definitely recommend to everyone I know. I was 3 when this game came out XD

Ah, you're not being obnoxious at all! I was stoked when I initially found out about the PC port way back (and it seems a majority of people aren't aware of it's existence) and was excited to relive the game on another platform. Even more excited when I got my PC copy since the box and cards are a pretty sweet deal. Normally, we prefer that comments made within a short time period are just edited into one post rather than made as several other comments, but it's not a huge issue in this particular case.

The window not being responsive prior to closing is a very important piece of information, however. It at least confirms the game is crashing as opposed to getting hung on a loading screen. After your game crashes, the Mod Launcher generates a crash log in the following directory:

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Lucas' Simpsons Hit & Run Mod Launcher\Crashes

(With 'username' being whatever user you're signed into, of course.)

If you can, could you try to upload the newest file from this directory onto a file sharing site? Google Drive or Dropbox could work. We might be able to get more information out of that particular crash log. We have a couple of members who can read information from those crash logs and might be able to pinpoint the issue with that.

Thank you! Apologies for getting back so late.
Should I have edited that reply into my post or into the comment? Or should I make a separate comment to reply? Just curious seeing as it wasn't made within a short period of time since my last comment. Sorry bit of a noob here aha. And seeing as the crash file was empty I created a DMP file from Simpsons sorta just hoping it'd help lol. Here's the link to it drive.google.com/file/d/1BgsdJvDhmupvyexMOvoqaWPABeY0WQ3J/view?usp=sharing
Could it be something to do with Windows not supporting "secdrv.sys"? Or does a No CDPatch fix that?