Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Why hasn't my Krystal topic been answered?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Yes, I know this topic may seem pointless, but it's just a reminder about my first ever posted topic on DT - suggesting about Star Fox's character Krystal, ideally playable for Simpsons Hit & Run as a custom skin.

forum.donutteam.com/forum/topic/4326-krystal-skin-mod

And yes, I know also that not many of you on DT know or are interested about this character, but... What else can I say? She's just another cool-looking character, that's all, despite not being a "Simpsons" character, but a "Star Fox" one, put it that way. I am a personal fan of her, know everything about her, and would appreciate her being offered for playability in the game. It's what makes a cool and unique concept. Plus, she's totally innocent, and does not speak light or heavy profane words, since Nintendo is a kid-friendly game company.
I don't think anybody means personal offense by not having yet replied to it! I can understand some of the frustration, but I think it's the amount of effort to get it all put together.

Mod requests are usually a fun way to get ideas going or to gauge interest, but I think most wouldn't want to just port one character model from a game over to another one. A wide variety of Star Fox models being ported as a mod pack seems like something that has a bigger chance of happening? So if someone were to make a Star Fox character model pack port, Krystal using her model from one of the GameCube era Star Fox games seems like it'd have more chance of happening.

Don't be discouraged if nobody replies! I think a Star Fox pack would be cool, but it's a matter of capturing someone's interest and porting the models over with some animations that fit the models okay.
I don't think anybody means personal offense by not having yet replied to it! I can understand some of the frustration, but I think it's the amount of effort to get it all put together.

Mod requests are usually a fun way to get ideas going or to gauge interest, but I think most wouldn't want to just port one character model from a game over to another one. A wide variety of Star Fox models being ported as a mod pack seems like something that has a bigger chance of happening? So if someone were to make a Star Fox character model pack port, Krystal using her model from one of the GameCube era Star Fox games seems like it'd have more chance of happening.

Don't be discouraged if nobody replies! I think a Star Fox pack would be cool, but it's a matter of capturing someone's interest and porting the models over with some animations that fit the models okay.

Oh, OK, a Star Fox model pack seems more interesting and fair than just one playable character, 'cause it has more content and still Krystal in it. I quite agree on that one. So anyway, yeah, I know the frustration and whatnot too, but it doesn't hurt suggesting an idea like this, does it? Nope. It's what sparks a dream of interest. :)

I'm so sorry for even asking all this before and now. Just that I was new to Donut Team and it all felt unfamiliar to me, which is why mistakes happen easily. :( It occurs the same way to everyone as well, of course.

Also, no offence on this one, but, although I really love Krystal, I'm delicate about her, too. The way other non-interested or non-fans-of-Krystal people accuse or question me badly about her rather than speak very friendly (to my tastes) can cause me feeling sad, disappointed or letdown on her, which is why I intend to think sometimes, "Am I not allowed to have her, show interest in her or anything?" Perhaps it's just my (autistic) mind, or what other people think differently from their point of views. =/

Oh, OK, a Star Fox model pack seems more interesting and fair than just one playable character, 'cause it has more content and still Krystal in it. I quite agree on that one. So anyway, yeah, I know the frustration and whatnot too, but it doesn't hurt suggesting an idea like this, does it? Nope. It's what sparks a dream of interest. :)

I'm so sorry for even asking all this before and now. Just that I was new to Donut Team and it all felt unfamiliar to me, which is why mistakes happen easily. :( It occurs the same way to everyone as well, of course.

Also, no offence on this one, but, although I really love Krystal, I'm delicate about her, too. The way other non-interested or non-fans-of-Krystal people accuse or question me badly about her rather than speak very friendly (to my tastes) can cause me feeling sad, disappointed or letdown on her, which is why I intend to think sometimes, "Am I not allowed to have her, show interest in her or anything?" Perhaps it's just my (autistic) mind, or what other people think differently from their point of views. =/

That's okay. Sometimes, feeling sad can't be controlled and sometimes people will say mean things just because you enjoy something different than them.
You shouldn't ever let them get to you though, no matter the situation. You are allowed to show interest in whatever you want, never let the guard down.
You should not feel insulted if anybody rejects you for anything (eg. for "auticstic mind"), everyone is built different and has different ways of understanding certain stuff and being dedicated to a character from a game, movie, comic or any kind of media is not a bad thing.
I'm hoping this little paragraph makes you feel a little better.
(We also have a Rant flair for topics, you should come around & post when you feel down!)

As for the character model itself, if you could get me a 3d model of her (I will try to search later myself as well, I'm just kind of tired at the time I type this), I could try to rig her for you and send the mod to you.

Remember to always keep the head up & not listen to anybody that judges you for who you are!
Have a great day!

-maz

That's okay. Sometimes, feeling sad can't be controlled and sometimes people will say mean things just because you enjoy something different than them.
You shouldn't ever let them get to you though, no matter the situation. You are allowed to show interest in whatever you want, never let the guard down.
You should not feel insulted if anybody rejects you for anything (eg. for "auticstic mind"), everyone is built different and has different ways of understanding certain stuff and being dedicated to a character from a game, movie, comic or any kind of media is not a bad thing.
I'm hoping this little paragraph makes you feel a little better.
(We also have a Rant flair for topics, you should come around & post when you feel down!)

As for the character model itself, if you could get me a 3d model of her (I will try to search later myself as well, I'm just kind of tired at the time I type this), I could try to rig her for you and send the mod to you.

Remember to always keep the head up & not listen to anybody that judges you for who you are!
Have a great day!

-maz

Aw, thanks, maz. ^^ For a model of Krystal, hmm... Well, I'm not sure how to present one, but I could suggest going to Krystal Archive. They have models of her, although I prefer the "official looking" Krystal from Nintendo's Star Fox games, particularly Adventures. I like her superior design in that game. She looks very accurate and polished. :D

Perhaps this one? I understand it's a promotional picture from years ago, but at least you see now it is Krystal herself.
I see. Keep an eye around, I found a model I'll rig & release it these days along with something else.
I see. Keep an eye around, I found a model I'll rig & release it these days along with something else.

Cool! :D I hope there will be changing outfits for her, too! :) I can just imagine her at the clothes shop in-game.
Here's my ideal comment overview for this mod - Springfield invites the wandering blue vixen of Nintendo's Star Fox series, Krystal. Join her as she free-roams the streets, changes into any of her outfits featured in Star Fox games, and interacts with the Simpsons characters, crossover style!

Yeah... The "wandering" thing, that's what real foxes do, just by travelling the lands wherever they like. Even though Krystal is an anthro than four-legged, it works for her too, 'cause she has the traits of a fox. :)