Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Donut Team: 2016

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Happy New Year from Donut Team, we would like to go over what we plan to do in the next 12 months with you. We had a similar thing we published at the start of 2015, so we should power through and talk to you about this year. Remember, all plans are not final and are subject to change.

Donut Team as a whole
Donut Team will be transforming from a modding group to somewhat of an informal company. In 2015, we already began this transition and we hope to finish it this year. This transition involves meeting certain demands that a legal entity must do. We will also be moving forward with our new account system and our new publishing system that we will talk about below. We will also be shifting focus to provide a better user experience and more of an original aspect to our work. In the following months, please tell us how we're doing as we continue to work going forward.

Donut Mod
We're hoping on releasing the final version in December, with other versions sprinkled in beforehand. The reason behind this is we do not want to end up making Donut Mod forever, we want this to end eventually. With entering the fourth year of development, we really want to deliver original never before seen content.
We'll be continuing to work on the new "Conspiracy Update" which should launch in the next few months. We also will be working on trying to implement the new market system as well as some more surprises coming soon.

Cash Grab
During last year, we discussed how we want to execute this game. With large of it being concepts and sample scripting. This year, we plan to extend upon that and start developing prototypes of both 2D and 3D versions of the game. We will then figure out how each play and judge how we want to continue the game. Once that is done, we will begin really pushing for this game and hopefully have something to show you by the end of the year. Thank you for your patience.

The Donut Team Site
We're currently redesigning the new site to have a darker more atmospheric feeling. The current website is extremely bland we truly feel that it doesn't represent our entity or yours. The new site will have a brand new mod publishing system that you can use to publish your mods for The Simpsons: Hit & Run and any of our other mod supported projects. We also plan to create an amazing chat system and profile system, which will continue to grow in the future.

Here's a sneak peak:

-

We hope you had a fantastic new year, and we hope that we can have an awesome year as a community.

Let's Do This,
Jake Andreøli
Co-Founder of Donut Team
I look forward to all these things mentioned above. Even though you don't want to work on Donut Mod forever will you still make mods for SHAR?
I'm not saying no, but that depends on a lot of things. I personally most likely will never do something as large as Donut Mod again. That doesn't mean the other guys won't. There's still so much to do with this game!
Jake, if the market will be implemanted two questions:
After that is there possibility DT will be working on multiplayer?
And will be there Veteran skins like for joining DT 1,2 years ago?
@SomeoneIKnow Donut Team and Lucas Cardellini have no plans to release a multiplayer mod in the near future. If the market is implemented, we will be giving to Donut Team veteran users special skins that they will be able to use or trade.
When you talk about Donut Team changing as a whole, what does that mean, if anything, for newish members like me, who are learning how to create mods and other custom content, and would like to eventually?
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
Happy New Year! I apologize for my absence in past few months but I was extremely busy until July with high school and its final exams and after that, I still visited the site but as guest because I forgot my password. Now I reminded it and managed to log in. I am now at college (well now I'm still in holiday but on 11th I start again) and I will have the first exams during that time, so I will not be around very much until early February when I finish all my exams.

Anyway I'm very happy to see how the modding has progressed. I was excited when I saw that it is possible to create custom maps and I was also happy to see a couple of good mods being released these months. I will eventually get to playing them, I can't wait.

The only thing I do not really like or agree with is the market update because honestly I don't like that idea much, sure it's a fresh and cool idea but for some reason I don't like the whole online thing.
My New Year's Resolution: Start working more on SCM.

Anyway, it's great to hear that such progress is being made.
Hope all goes as planned and so far loving everything we're getting. :)
[deleted user]
8 yrs ago (Statistics)
I wish the best for Donut Team!