Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Doors offset trouble

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi everybody!!!
In P3D editor positioning is fine, but in game all the doors have offset, somehow... As if i just imported meshes and did nothing else. I double checked *.obj's scale, rotation and pivots but nothing wrong there. I even tried to import xml instead, but same issue

Have no idea, what went wrong :D help me DT Forum

Almost forgot! Car smoke is indeed in correct position, and characters too, i guess...
That happens because you have an animation group somewhere in your car.
I recommend finding the Animation chunk and deleting every subchunk of it that has a name like like "HoodRot" (or whatever) that is not animated. Whatever you moved in your Skeleton, you should delete it from the animation.
Animations are a bit annoying to deal with, if you want, you could send the model for me and I'll fix it for you. (And will also show the changes I do)
That happens because you have an animation group somewhere in your car.
I recommend finding the Animation chunk and deleting every subchunk of it that has a name like like "HoodRot" (or whatever) that is not animated. Whatever you moved in your Skeleton, you should delete it from the animation.
Animations are a bit annoying to deal with, if you want, you could send the model for me and I'll fix it for you. (And will also show the changes I do)

Glad to see you again! :^)
Now i get it, thanks! So.. If all troubles was caused by animation, i think i can use Weasel's Blender Pure3DXML animation converter, to deal with it?
Also thank you for for the offer! :) But i want to try finish it by myself... Besides you already was helped me a couple of times, i dont want to bother you much with my junk X)
i think i can use Weasel's Blender Pure3DXML animation converter, to deal with it?
I'm not sure, but I think it can. Most of the time I remove everything inside the animation aside from the actually animated things so I can then modify the skeleton with no problem.
i think i can use Weasel's Blender Pure3DXML animation converter, to deal with it?
I'm not sure, but I think it can. Most of the time I remove everything inside the animation aside from the actually animated things so I can then modify the skeleton with no problem.

By the way... :DD
How can i make "damage textures" to work? Is it even possible?
About five years ago, Loren wrote "damaged texture system only affects specific hard-coded texture/shader names on each car". Does it mean i can not use damage textures on custom cars? :(
You can, but the textures have to be named "carDoorPNorm.bmp/carDoorDNorm.bmp" and ""carDoorPDam.bmp/carDoorDDam.bmp", where "car" is your car's name (i.e. famil_vDoorPNorm.bmp).
You then need a shader for each (carDoorPNorm_m and carDoorDNorm_m) (no need for damage shaders, the normal ones are coded to take the damaged texture when needed).
Here's a list of shaders and textures that work that way:
  • DoorPNorm_m / DoorPNorm.bmp
  • DoorDNorm_m / DoorDNorm.bmp
  • HoodNorm_m / HoodNorm.bmp
  • BackNorm_m / BackNorm.bmp
You can, but the textures have to be named "carDoorPNorm.bmp/carDoorDNorm.bmp" and ""carDoorPDam.bmp/carDoorDDam.bmp", where "car" is your car's name (i.e. famil_vDoorPNorm.bmp).
You then need a shader for each (carDoorPNorm_m and carDoorDNorm_m) (no need for damage shaders, the normal ones are coded to take the damaged texture when needed).
Here's a list of shaders and textures that work that way:
  • DoorPNorm_m / DoorPNorm.bmp
  • DoorDNorm_m / DoorDNorm.bmp
  • HoodNorm_m / HoodNorm.bmp
  • BackNorm_m / BackNorm.bmp

Thanks!! I will try :^)