Forum Mod Bakery Docs

The Simpsons Hit & Run - Mod Jam 2022 - The Roaring 1920s! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

Please login to contribute to the conversation.

Hello, fellow modders!

So we all had some Maggie's Hot Dog Dreams and a sweet Think of the Children tropical getaways, but now, it is time for yet another roaring Mod Jam of 2022 fake crowd cheer

We had our fun during the dreams and the getaways, but now it's time to go back in time and get to work, with a more exquisite taste of a Mod Jam! Swing your little skills and warm up before the battle, that even Great Gatsby would be jealous of.

We have decided to hype you up before announcing the next theme, which will be done on Friday the 10th, so stay tuned for that, darlings.

THEME
The Roaring 1920s are now back! Mr. Burns has hosted the party for all of your Mod Jam 2022 submissions! So grab those flapper dresses and fancy suits, Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time to swing the night away! Wether it's a Great Gatsby party, a mafia shoot out or basic life of 1920s, every idea is welcome

As usual, we require with a few quite simple criterias for the Mod Swings:
  • The mod MUST include 1 mission
  • The mod MUST include a new map OR a revamp of OG maps (come on, at this point you can turn the whole world upside down)
  • The mod MUST include a new character costume and/or vehicle (bonus points will be given for any additional vehicles/characters)
This time it will be required to use a special asset, which will be available once the charming theme is announced, which y'all get to keep after this marvelous party is over. The special asset is not required but will be awarded to every single participant.

As previously, bonus points will be awarded for any additional assets (characters, vehicles, props, roads and such and so on, you know the drill).

Another set of bonus points will be awarded for any swinging tunes added to the game!

Since this Mod Jam will be more unique, I have cranked up my budget haha I'mma go bankrupt, JK:
  • 1st Place - 15€ Steam gift card;
  • 2nd Place - 10€ Steam gift card;
  • 3rd Place - 5€ Steam gift card;
  • 4th and below - well... a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction, a badge and.... a right to brag about time travel.

Duration: the time for development for this contest will be given 2 WHOLE WEEKS (I know I copied this from previous topic, lol).

DEADLINE: June 25th July 1st, 2022

I hope I mentioned everything. Any questions can be left in the comment section or contacting me on DTcord or my personal discord Yzma#7480.

Oy, these post keep getting shorter and shorter.

RESULTS:
Spoiler
So... this is the moment we all been waiting for. It's time to announce the winners!

Here it goes:
  • 1st Place -Tappie with It came from Springfield. A very nice concept, making the mod feel like it's a 20s silent movie, at first thought that my sound was glitching, before I realized there is no sound, lol. The subject, the overall vibe brought back the 20s. It has some difficult, but yet again, beatable, haha. Loved the 20s music stings and mission themes! Really nice work!
  • 2nd Place - Maz with Itchy & Scratchy: Content Fillers. A very nice idea as well, the mod did really feel like a 20s I&S cartoon. Loved the BW effect and the use of I&S characters. Also loved the music, that was added to the game! Very good job! (found the secret area btw, lol)
  • 3rd Place - kRoLLiK with The Old Race A very fun mod, especially for me since I love racing in SHAR and in general (no speeding tickets yet tho, lol). Loved the cars, they were really nice and the racer outfit was just amazing. A nice map aswell, yet very bumpy and had some difficulty, haha. Overall, also a very good job!

Since we only had 3 participants, I decided to make it even and award all participants with 10€ Steam gift cards each. Very nice mods, very enjoyable, hopefully next Mod Jam will have more participants.

STAY TUNED FOR THE THEME!
Happy modding!
-Morgan
The theme has been announced!!
Glad to have been part of it! The two other mods were really nice imo, I loved "It came from Springfield" for its yet unique style, I absolutely love how the dialogs have been executed to make it seem like it's an early (horror) movie, and I absolutely loved driving off-road in "The Old Race". The map was put together just fine to not look out of place.