Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Is there a way to edit my game's save file?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Yesterday I got frustrated on the seventh level and accidentally forgot to save my game upon quitting, and I really don't want to have to do all the missions over again (I was on Alien Auto-topsy II when I quit). Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the game's save data so that it will put me on that same mission without having to redo the whole level? I'm not very educated when it comes to hacking and things like that, so help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
You can try using this: www.dropbox.com/s/ohyzk4a58jrjxn0/Lucas%20Simpsons%20Hit%20%26%20Run%20Saved%20Game%20Editor.exe?dl=0

I don't think it was ever released because it was broken in some way, but I think it would it work for your needs.

Open your save file with it and change what you need to change.
This post has been removed.
1 yr ago (Statistics)
You can try using this: www.dropbox.com/s/ohyzk4a58jrjxn0/Lucas%20Simpsons%20Hit%20%26%20Run%20Saved%20Game%20Editor.exe?dl=0

I don't think it was ever released because it was broken in some way, but I think it would it work for your needs.

Open your save file with it and change what you need to change.

I tried importing my save file but it just gives me an error saying "unrecognized file size". I'm not sure what that means, is there something I'm forgetting to do? Perhaps this is what you were talking about when you said that the editor was broken in someway? Or maybe my save file itself is somehow broken.

For reference, it is 8KB in size and has no file extension. Is the latter part normal for Hit & Run's save data?
All save files are 8KB, but for some reason the editor seems to only like certain files (I'm not sure why a lot of my newer saves throw that error, but a very old one doesn't).
You could try creating an entirely new save file and just use the editor to complete all of the missions, cards & rewards with it. You can also add any amount of coins, so that should probably skip you the need of having to look for the vending machines. The only thing you'd have to do yourself is find the wasps and destroy them.