Forum Mod Bakery Docs

List of UI sound effects and where they are heard

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello people,

I don't normally ask for help on projects but I am making a fun audio replacement mod and looking for a shortcut. I am fairly organised, got all my audio files ready but I am unfamiliar with the sounds of SHAR UI and I'm hoping someone who has already done this in the past has documented this somewhere or just happens to know. If it will also help convince someone I am developing this on a Wine/Crossover bottle on an ARM64 processor and, lucky me, the RCF explorer starts with an error and I don't know how to get a debugger going on in there.

If there is someone who may have this documented this down somewhere or who just knows, can I please have a list of sound effect names and where (or when) the player will hear them. I would like just to put this down in a spreadsheet so I don't have to go back and forth. I will hope to return the favour to the community later by making a neat tips post, sharing some of my resources and troubleshooting experience.

Here is a list of the sound effects I am looking for:
Spoiler
  • All SFX from the Main Menu (confirm selection, back, selection change + any others)
  • All SFX from the Pause Menu (same as above)
  • Phone booth
  • Changing booth(?)
  • Alert (such as clothing or car required)
  • Mission dialog box (the blue box with the mission title and weird flow chart on it)
  • Any other small UI sound effects that could be missed

🙂
Hi there, welcome!
You can find most of the sounds you're looking for in the "soundfx.rcf" file (which you can view/extract contents from with the RCF Explorer).
Most frontend sounds (pause, main menu, etc) can be found in "/soundfx/frontend".
I don't really have a full list of the sounds, but I think most of them should either be in there, or inside "/soundfx/optionsmenu".
I hope this helps!
Thank you

I didn't make the connection with frontend and the main menu and it looks like most of the important sounds have descriptive names.

There are a couple that are labelled "button_" then some number which still might take a bit of time to work out but.