Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Mission Tool

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
So, after a 30 failed, BUT DONE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, attemps to create custom mission, I gived up. Then I was start thinking about a new tool, that can create missions. Every type of mission, every possible and impossible cars/targets etc. I know that development will take a lot of time, but this tool will make mod creation much easy. And a question: Creation of this tool, is possible?
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Gordon (RBD)

I was actually thinking about this a little. A tool that allows full access to a 3D map of the game to easily set locators and objectives and that allows easy tweaks to the mission scripts without actually having to type it out would be amazing. I don't think it would be on the devs' priority list though, as they're quite busy.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@max_power998
At least, we must wait.
This would be an interesting idea I'll have to admit, but at the moment it'd take way too much time to actually develop and be way to hard to develop when creating custom SHAR missions is actually ridiculously easy with the current tools we have on hand (Notepad++, P3D Editor 4, and glorious Launcher load times). Considering they're this easy, a tool that simplifies the already small work load just wouldn't be worth the effort. The only real benefit I can see is perhaps the 3D map view that Max Power mentioned, but even then you can get nearly the exact same benefit by just having the game open while editing the P3D and the mission script at the same time. You can reload the mission to get any changes you made to take effect.

As for your mission giving you issues, could you elaborate more on that perhaps? I'm assuming your mission crashes whenever you try to load it, which makes me think that perhaps you've forgotten to load something important in the mXl.mfk/mXsdl.mfk file? You could also be missing something as simple as a semi-colon. Anything could go at this point.

If you'd want to upload all the mission scripts to pastebin I could take a look at it.
making them yourself is easy anyway, it's just a big time consumer.
But i'm fully supportive of this idea.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Kenny Glies
I Checked a lot of times, did everything right! mxl, mxi, mxsdi and mxsdl, everything is right! I've got: Crashes, crashes at some point of mission, mission starts as it not be modded, etc. I just give up, and don't try anymore, so, mission tool would be great.
I'm sorry but it's obviously not right if it crashes. Sometimes mistakes aren't very obvious.

Creation of a tool like you said is definitely possible as others said but it's really not that hard to create a working mission so it seems like a big waste of time to make one to me.

If you just upload the scripts as Kenny said we can get it working I'm sure. We're always here to help and you don't have to give up so quickly.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@Loren Goodwin
No-no-no-no, I don't want to continue unsuccessful attempts(I started a year ago!). And I deleted files. As I said, "Mission tool would be great", as for "Kettles", as for Professionals.
Mission tool great idea, honestly i still dont know most of things how work.
In my experience with scripting/programming, it works best with a text editor, it's way more efficient and flexible.
Doing it with a GUI would take a lot of more time on both ends (People developing the tool + Users).

Instead, I guess there could be more/better tutorials and documentation, if new people are having trouble.