Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Donut team why did you start modding?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
This is a big question why did you start modding? What made you do it? Myself i couldnt believe that someone would get this far... its amazing progress and i wanted to know why did you start modding.
In this case, because I found out it was possible.
pretty much the same here i like modding things.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I started modding for two reasons. One was because I could, although most of the time I did it because I got fed up of playing a game. I cant stand playing Minecraft or pokemon games unless they were either hacked or modded. I even have a Nintendo wii that I have modded so that I can play smash brothers and Mario Kart with custom settings that I have either made myself or downloaded from someone else.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I started modding because I've been playing this game since I was 3 and it's so cool to create with and play the game in a whole new way, determined by myself! I'm also planning to have a career in game design, so game programming is something that I love doing, and it satisfies me to no end to have (after a few crashes) everything work like I want it to!
@MACCA I also have homebrew on my Wii so that I could play Gamecube games like (Please don't kill me) SHAR, Melee, and Wind Waker without having to by the last two again. I have a Gamecube at my mom's house, but I keep it there with what games I do have (None of those three, last two were stolen from me). My Wii is at my dad's house, where I do all of my work. I also like playing my modded Brawl. My new computer didn't come with an SD card port, so I bought an expansion bay that has one, but I'm still trying to get it to work. For now, no new Brawl mods
I started modding because of Pokemon Emerald. Advanced Map is so easy to pick up and use for beginners, so that was pretty fun.

Then, I played around with Pokemon Diamond for a while (I would not suggest hacking this game AT ALL. If you want to mod a Pokemon game, do a GBA one.).

Now, I mostly do 3DS stuff and make my own original programs. Also, I've been messing around with Mario Kart Wii.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
@DouglasColvin Homebrew is a great tool to have on the Wii. Now that Nintendo WIFI has been removed from the Wii the hackers have found other ways of using online play with their own servers. This means that you cant get banned for modding games online. If I had a GameCube memory card I would have been downloading games for the GameCube all of the time so don't feel guilty about downloading them (then again copyright laws in my country have a lot of loopholes so I'm not breaking the law).

@TheKoopaKingdom I also used to use advanced map back in the day and I used it a few months a go to make a troll pokemon game with sonic.exe music mixed with John Cenas theme but I never finished it.
I originally began modding when i was about 10, on GTA SA on pc around 2009. I'd began creating 3d models and such and importing them into the game. (They were incredibly s*****) Found Donut Mod when it was 'Project Donut' circa 2013 but never payed much attention to it much after, a few years later i came across various SHAR modding videos and it brought me back to what was now named 'Donut Mod' and i finally decided to join the site years later.
@MACCA If you use Nintendont, you can use a flash drive as a memory card, or an SD card I believe. I use a 32GB flash drive to store games and saves