Forum Mod Bakery Docs

How To Edit The Location Of Collector Cards(slightly updated)

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hey guys, a fairly simple tutorial, but quite handy to know if you don't already.(Huge Shout Out To Kenny On This One)
NEW VERSION OF LUCAS' P3D EDITOR-->p3d Editor(new)
To Start You Will Need;
Lucas' Mod Launcher, Although I Assume Everyone Already Has It
You Can Find The Corresponding Download Here:
Mod Tools
Also Notepad++(Which I Found Out The Hard Way Is a Necessity)
Notepad++

Firstly, Open Up The File Location For The Mod Launcher Find The Folder 'Mods' And In There Create A Folder And Name It Whatever You Wish, Inside Your Named Folder You Will Need A Meta.ini With 'RequiredHack=CustomFiles' In The Section '[Miscellaneous]'
. If you Do Not Know How To Create A Meta.ini, Here's A Link To Lorens Comprehensive Guide: Meta.ini

Now You Have Your Meta.ini We Will Create All Folders We will Need From Here, In Your Named Folder Create A Folder And Call It 'CustomFiles' In this CustomFiles Folder Create Two More Folders And Name Them 'Art' and 'Scripts'

In The Scripts Folder Make A Folder Called 'Missions' And Then Inside Missions A Folder Called 'Level01'

(We Are Going To Focus On Just lvl 1 In This Tutorial, But The Remaining Levels Will Be The Exact Same Process)

Go To Your SHAR Directory Example:'C:/Program Files(x86)/Vivendi Universal Games/The Simpsons Hit & Run' Then Open The Art Folder And Locate All p3d Files Beginning Either 'l1z_' Or 'l1r_'

Now These Have Been Located Open Up Lucas' P3D Editor 4, And Keep It As A Blank One.

All p3ds Containing Cards Are; l1z7.p3d(Card 17) l1z6,p3d(16) l1z2.p3d(12) l1z1.p3d(Card 11 And 13) l1r4a.p3d(15) And The Weird One Is l1r3.p3d Where The Card Is Listed As Card 13 Again But It Is Card 14(Just Rename It To Card 14 To Remove Confusion

SLOW METHOD(see just below please):Open All Of These One By One And Find Where The Card Is in Each of These. Now Copy And Paste Each Card Locater And Trigger Into Your Blank p3d(Just Check To See If They Didn't Go Together, But They Should) Now That You've Got All 7 Cards In Their Own p3d Quickly Save It To The 'Art' Folder In Your MOD. And Name It Something Easy Like 'L1_cards.p3d'
That Should Look Like:

PREFERRED METHOD: You Can Also Just Paste One Card 6 More Times And You Can Change The 'Unkown' And 'Unknown 2' From 11-17 And That Will Work

Now Go To:C:/Program Files(x86)/Vivendi Universal Games/The Simpsons Hit & Run/Scripts/Missions/Level01 And Find 'Level.mfk' Right Click And Choose Edit With Notepad++. Once It's Open The First Thing You Do Is Go 'Edit->Remove Read-Only Flag'

Now You'll See A Bunch Of Lines Starting 'Loadp3dFile'
You Are Going To Add A line Of Text That Will Say
LoadP3DFile("art\YourCardFileName.p3d"); Remember The Semi-colon At The End.
Now Save That In
YourModName/CustomFiles/Scripts/Missions/Level01

Now Refer Back To Your L1_Cards.p3d or However You Named It.
Now Run An Instance Of SHAR And Load Level 1. Now Go Anywhere You Want To Place Your Cards And Stand There, Now Tab Out Of SHAR And Choose One Of The Cards In Your Card p3d And Click The Drop Down. Change The Locater And The Trigger Of Said Card By Clicking The 'From Game' Button Which Pulls The Coordinates Of Homer And Places The Card There, Repeat For The Other Six Cards In Your Chosen Locations.

When All 7 Are Done Close SHAR And Load The Mod Launcher, Your Mod Will Load In Instantly, Tick It And You Should Be Good To Go:)
This Is My First Tutorial So I May Have Missed Something Or Got Something Wrong, If So Tell Me And I'll See What Was Wrong
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
Thank you for posting this Depi :)
Nice tutorial, good to know you've made progress on this.
Thanks Guys!