Forum Mod Bakery Docs

.p3d to .obj conversion for OS X?

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
To start off, I'm not working on a SHaR mod, but I want to be able to put the vehicle files into Blender. Obviously, as Lucas' editor is an .exe, it doesn't work on a Mac (and yes, I've tried using Winebottler but it came up with an error). Any ideas?
Lucas' Pure3D Editor and all of his other tools require .NET Framework 3.5. I'm not sure if there's some way for you to also get that on Mac via Wine.

You're most likely better off just using a Windows computer to get the model otherwise.
Ah, OK. I don't regret getting a Mac in general, but sometimes the compatibility infuriates me. models-resource is a good place for stuff generally, but there's a lack of content in the SHaR vehicle front :(
Yep, I couldn't get any of Lucas' tools to work on Ubuntu, and trust me, I tried. That probably won't be changing, sadly, because of what Loren said, and the fact that everything is closed source.
Yeah, I might end up just dropboxing the p3ds to myself and waiting a few months for my sister to come back from uni and hope she lets me use her laptop. It's annoying because I've scoured the Internet EVERYWHERE but I've only found one .obj vehicle port which is downloadable. I've spent the past four or five days searching to no avail. Dunno if this is allowed, but I don't suppose anyone could possibly convert some of the files and dropbox them or something? I mean, I do own the game.
Well, some progress has been made, with a couple more being added to models-resource; my perseverance paid off!

Also, to the person who made the original roofed Family Sedan model for Donut Mod, is it possible you could give that out? I really love it.