Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Lens Flare Effect

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
When software/games are released, they do not include any way to access the original source code. You can view data by attaching specific programs such as IDA and Cheat Engine which you can use to view sudo-code, code/values that the program can generate based on what it can understand. You then have to take that code and develop your own code and rework it for PC. This instance, it would not work if he just took their code.
Oh, so starting from scratch seems to be the only viable option... oh well, still glad to hear it's in the works. Also, I know this is not related to this thread, but what about the Hovercar refraction, like Loren mentioned. Is that in the works as well, or is it running into issues like the lens flare effect is?
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
It's not currently possible to reimplement but it may be possible in the future.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
I believe the hovercar problem is due to a missing shader which is missing because ither the console versions had a different version of directx or had a directx alternative. So instead the hovercar uses a different shader in the pc version which is why it looks wierd.

Another thing is that the gamecube version wouldnt work properly so there were work arounds such as the opaque windows and the ps2 version lagged so i assume they just didnt want to risk it could be another reason.
True, although as far as I know, Xbox played without any lag and didn't have any ''special effect'' downgrades. And due to the Lens Flare and retraction effect, one might argue it's the best version of the game. (Although I never noticed any lag in the PS2 version.)