Forum Mod Bakery Docs

A Few Questions

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
OK, so I just started a mod today, but I ran into a few problems.

1. The coin text and timers do not appear. However, the coin text appears when I pause the game. How do I fix this?
2. Whenever I try to set a locator in the P3D editor, I get a message that says "Access is denied." What might have caused it?
3. Also, what do the "m0sdi" and "m0sdl" files do?
1. Is it possible one of your stages have
ShowHUD( "false" );
in them? This forces the entire mission to completely get rid of the HUD when in-game. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

2. Are you running the game as admin? If you're running the game as admin, but not the P3D Editor, then it might not be able to access the game for your current coordinates.

3. "m0sdi" and "m0sdl" are what we like to call the "pre-missions". These are basically the events that take place before you get a mission briefing. For instance, L1M0's pre-mission is talking to Marge, where she then tells you that the Simpsons family has run out of ice cream and she wants Homer to go to the store. "m0sdi" contains the stages, while "m0sdl" laods things such as the HUD icons for the stages in "m0sdi" (such as Marge's icon). In short terms, these are basically the same as mXi.mfk and mXl.mfk, but for the stages that take place before each mission.

As a bonus precaution, are you editing the game's original files? For various reasons, we really do not recommend that. Instead, we recommend going ahead and setting up a Lucas' Mod Launcher mod. This will allow you to make copies of the games' files without risking editing the original files. While we lack a good tutorial on hand to set up a basic mod, we have a walkthrough of the Mod Launcher's user interface.. You can follow this, and then download a decompilable mod. A good example is Jake's Level 4 Map Tweaks. Once you download that add it to the Mod Launcher, right click it, and hit "Decompile". It'll extract the mod to the same directory that the mod is in, and then you can add your edited P3Ds and mission scripts.

I hope this information is helpful!
I am not editing the game's original files, at least I don't think I am, since I have a "meta.ini", a "CustomFiles.ini", and a "CustomText.ini" in a folder, but not in the original game directory.

Also, I'll try running them both as admin and see where that gets me.