Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Patience is a Virtue

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
[deleted user]
7 yrs ago (Statistics)
The Problem
People have been flooding both the Donut Team discord server, and the forums with constant questions and requests for access or release dates on new content being worked on.

A Perspective From Another Developer (MYSELF)
I can relate to both sides. I can understand that people when teased about content generally get exited and tend to hyper focus on the content, and want it at their discretion. This can be seen in multiple ways, 1. People are excited for the content and share to their friends and they do the same thing and Donut Team gets more exposure. 2. The people making the content feel like they have to please all these people forsaking their time and money to make the content as best as it can be for FOR NO REIMBURSEMENT. or 3. This can seem annoying to see a HUGE influx of requests and sometimes even DEMANDS sent to the developers in a steady flow.

I feel that Quality > Quantity. I'd rather wait for something better than jump on something broken. I personally as the developer of Wiggum In Zombieland, feel that something good takes more time than something mediocre. My first mod Army of Cola Evergreen Buzz was heavily rushed and turned out to be a disaster for both the content, and my reputation as a developer just starting. If you can wait for something better, please do so.

The Bottom Line
Basically badgering someone or a group of people for content in fact based on my experience makes the content worse in the long run. Many developers have rushed projects due to stuff like this and ended up becoming laughing stocks of the indie market for releasing crappy content that should have had more time to make it better. So please have patience and remember, Donut Team are not robots. They are human beings with lives. This is done once again, FOR NO REIMBURSEMENT.

Happy Holidays,

Thomas Donofri
I wish our forum had some sort of post rating system so I could give this a big thumbs up.

I'm glad you all like our content but please give us whatever time we need to make sure it's up to our standards. :)

That said, Happy Holidays everyone. See you very soon with a small bit of holiday themed content.

- Loren Goodwin