Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Housewife Duties - Dev continuing 2022 probably

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
New update as of 9-4-2018. I've had a long hiatus on modding for a while but just to let you know I do hope to get this mod released sometime within the next 6 months. Hold tight!
Keeps crashing on a certain mission
Could you tell me which mission? I've done a lot of fixes on the current developer version but just in case it's one I haven't spotted this info would be gold, thanks!
Mine crashes on mission 4 when entering the Kwik-E-Mart, right after finding the note on the gas station. The second "race" mission (the one hosted by the original characterâ„¢) makes the game crash once you reach Flanders' house. Other than that, this one's got to be my favorite mod so far, along with ACIS. I love how you turned the races into even more extra missions, and as someone who hasn't ever played Road Rage, Burns' one turned out to be extremely entertaining.
Thanks for the report! I believe that crash for M4 is fixed in the DEV version. Due to this being a closed beta version that was used (as the original beta was lost), SR2 and 3 are not finished yet. Thanks again. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Pardon for the bump but yesterday I played the most recent version of the mod after I found out that the mod was updated since the last time I played the mod. Initially I played the 0.3 beta (or 0.32, I don't remember the exact version I played previous year) and recently I looked into the topic again and saw the first post was updated mentioning new costumes and other stuff, which I don't remember being in older version. Along more missions and even a second level. Previously I remember the mod ending when you get to talk to Moe on 4th mission I guess and there was only the taxi mission being available from the side missions. I know the final version of mod is going to be released soon but I couldn't wait until that time and I wanted to refresh my memory with the mod, so I gave the 0.5 beta a try.

I've got to say that I still found the mod to be enjoyable and I really enjoyed the missions. Unfortunately, much like with A Christmas in Springfield, the mod is plagued with many possible crashes during some of missions and I have to replay the mission until it doesn't crash anymore, to be able to finish it. This was mostly an issue with the last mission and with an earlier mission where I had to avoid Apu to reach Barney but the game crashed before I reached him, the next time I was able to do the mission fine without any crashes (this same problem also happens in one of parts from mission 7, see below). I guess it was the mission where you help Moe.

I also tried the side missions and as Gabo2oo mentioned, the second side mission with the truck, once you reach Flanders' house, the game crashed. I tried the mission twice and still didn't complete as it crashed at end. But the other 2 missions worked fine (the one with Wiggum and the other one with Mr Burns' Taxi Service).

Another issue is many missions seem to have wrong objective sometimes and wrong loading screens too, either mentioning or showing the text/picture from the main game, instead of the new objectives.

I also had a couple of weird bugs, such as when I did 6th mission first time, I reached part with dumping the truck but when I pressed SPACE to reset my car after I jumped over the bridge and was going to crash, it showed Marge in air driving nothing and the truck disappeared, so I went outside of the "invisible" truck and I failed the mission for getting out. I guess this has to do with fact that when you start driving the truck, it isn't actually your car, so resetting it causes it to get lost. But after that I did the mission fine on second try.

The final mission had a lot of bugs/crashes that prevented me from finishing it yesterday. First time it crashed when I reached part to ram the van to collect 3 items. As soon as I rammed it to drop an item, it crashed the game. Strangely this happened only once, in all further attempts it never crashed again. So it was all going fine until the objective where you need to get past the guards to get to Homer, if they see you, you get teleported. So I tried a different method. I went to Phone Booth to call my vehicle but it said it was 100% damaged, so I could use it (it was in flames, meaning it would explode at slightest touch, also yeah I'm aware of this little glitch in original game as well where you could have a car in flames if it was 100% damaged but not destroyed yet) and I parked it there but couldn't reach Homer from other side by jumping on car and it exploded. So I failed by running out of time (it takes some time to reach the phone booth and no I don't like using traffic cars as they are kinda crappy) and in next time the mission restarted, I was back to Frink's house but the part of level was missing, so I tried to enter Simpsons house but nothing happened, so I ran out of time. When I restarted the mission, the game crashed.

Later I resumed my game and I tried to go back to that objective with saving Homer and this time I tried a slightly different method. When I called Canyonero (which was 100% damaged, I guess the mission is supposed to automatically destroy the car so you can't use it) but I smashed on purpose to destroy it, then call it again to repair it, I parked right there in front of barn (as my previous method), jump on top of car and then to reach Homer, I managed to reach him and talk to him, then after the cutscene and driving to Power Plant (I also noticed my Canyonero from before, the one Homer drives is different one) the game crashed. I tried this mission for at least 5 times and couldn't figure out what was wrong at that time (though I was thinking the trick earlier I was doing might be a reason why the game crashes), I was thinking it wasn't properly tested or something, considering some of missions are quite long. So I gave up yesterday from trying to complete the mod and leave for another time.

Today I came back to mod and tried the mission again and this time I finally figured out the problem and could complete the mission fine. At part where you must save Homer and not be seen by other guys, I could get past them normally (before I was thinking that there is no way to get past them this method, so I was trying the other method mentioned above) and after talking to him and driving to Power Plant, then the game didn't crash again. I saw the parked Canyonero in poor/flames condition, so I am thinking there was some error in scripting caused by having 2 Canyonero vehicles in memory when reaching this objective. After that I completed the mission and reached level 2 (which again has wrong objectives, like I have to talk to Homer but instead it says ENTER THE SCHOOL or something like that, plus Marge also appears as driver, so you get 2 Marges), I will come back later to complete the mod.

Overall I still enjoyed the mod and I'm sorry if I sounded a bit negative but I always get annoyed over game crashing when in middle of mission or some other minor things that could have been easily fixed. I hope these issues will get fixed when final version comes out.

EDIT: Oh and there's a couple more issues related to costumes: When you try to buy first costume in both first level and second level, I get an error saying some file was not found. This happens immediately right after buying the costume, when the game is about to resume. The other 2 costumes in first level worked fine.

One of cards in first level also displayed as dot when I collected it. However they all show up fine in menu.
I am aware of many of these issues already, the reason this mod is unstable is because it was originally a closed beta build (as you can see on the license screen and above the download link which I have now taken down) and I accidentally deleted the public build. Many of the glitches and bugs have been fixed in the upcoming update which will be released soon.
Update: I found a backup of 0.32 from last year which is more stable than the version up this morning. Enjoy.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Ah ok then, no problem. Sorry if my reply sounded a bit rude, I actually enjoyed this closed build a bit more than the previous 0.32 beta version. I even noticed my post got downvoted for whatever reason, if it's because I tried to sound rude, once again I'm sorry. Although I find it a bit weird since I didn't say that the bugs ruined the entire experience of the mod (though the constant crashes were quite annoying), unlike the more serious crashes found in A Christmas in Springfield.
I tried doing a race and my game it didn't load, also made my character freeze in one spot couldn't move at all.
If you can fix it please do :)
Edit: this was the Ralph race