Forum Mod Bakery Docs

11 June 2017 - What we have been up to and what's next.

Posted in Announcements
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
We've been fairly quiet in regards to new updates and exciting changes, so today we wanted to take a second to tell everyone what's up.

Donut Team Status Updates

Since the release of the Donut Mod 4 trailer, which was released a little over two months ago, we have not made any Donut Team Status Update videos. The reason being is we haven't made any progress we can really discuss with you. That said, we really want to continue this format soon.

Donut Mod 4

Loren has been working hard to bring Donut Mod 4 to life. Recently, we have decided to take a small break to allow us to gather our thoughts and focus on our day jobs. We will be continuing DM4 within the next week and will have more for you to see later this year. We're getting very close to the next trailer, and we can't wait for you to see the map when it's ready. Thank you.

Multiplayer

We want to thank everyone who has played the leaked version of Lucas' Simpsons: Hit & Run Multiplayer. We know it's nothing to be super excited about, but none-the-less, we proved that it's a very possible thing to achieve.

We have no intentions to update the version with new features. However, the multiplayer website will soon have a player listing to better allow you to get into games with each other. :)

The Current Website

As you know, we've been making enhancements to the current website over the last few months to enhance the overall stability and usability of the site.

We've heard your feedback and begun to adopt new features, such as the ability to manually change your Donut Team token and not having to switch pages to view all of our boards.

We will continue to make enhancements over the next few months as we also develop our brand new website.

The New Website

Over a year ago, we began developing a brand new way for creators and players to share a platform together that would allow game and mod developers alike to create and publish amazing things and we can't wait to show what's next. We've been creating concepts and working with new technology, and we're really excited where it's taking us.

We do not want to release a broken or unusable site, so we're going to take as long as we need. We still have a long way to go, but we want to thank you for your patience.

Road Rage Returns

Because we're very focused on finishing Donut Mod 4, the new website and beginning our new secret project, we have not yet started level 3 of Road Rage Returns. That said, we will be starting the next edition very soon.

The remaining maps are the Springfield Dam, Power Plant, Downtown and Springfield Mountains. Can you figure out what's next? :)

Secret Project

You may have noticed I said "Secret Project". Yep.

Well that concludes our little ramble thread, thanks for understanding our radio silence.

Sincerely,
Jake Andreøli
Well of course you have not started level 4 of RRR yet because you never even started level 3.
You don't know that >.>

Fixed typo.
I get the idea that there are some incredibly awesome things in the works. Quality work takes time, I know that from experience. So I'm not going to bug you with "OMG I WANTZ NOW NOW NOW!!1!" or however that goes, I hate it when people do that to me. However, I will offer the encouragement that while I know whatever is in the works is worth waiting for, there is a part of me that wants a time machine to go to the nearish future and see these projects sooner.

The teaser video is well enough put together that I know whaever is in the works is going to be wonderful.
As a side note, I live a couple blocks from Lake Michigan, near a former international harbor, with a Coast Guard station nearby. The Coasties are out on a practice run and the have an horn sounding periodically. That horn out on the lake really, really, complimented the tone of that teaser video.