Forum Mod Bakery Docs

[The Simpsons] Your thoughts on the DVDs coming back

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
I'm personally pretty happy and this is news to me. I had read on NoHomers.net earlier that the DVD production had been halted, so seeing them go back to this is great. It'd be a shame from a collector's perspective to just have their collection of seasons just abruptly end around Season 17-ish (not sure which is the last season they put out on DVD?) with no alternative other than just looking for streams and re-runs to watch anything higher than that.

I also have mixed feelings on streaming which kind of echo Kyle's thoughts (you don't really own the episodes but rather just have the rights to watch it). Copyright is a tricky devil that can cause seasons to become temporarily unavailable (most of American Dad's seasons have been pulled from US Netflix as of recent), halting a marathon or removal of a particular favorite season.
Personally I think is Great, I have season's 6, 8, 9, 11 and 16 on dvd, i wish that in the future when i'm old i'll have the full collection, even though dvd would be dead.