Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Reviving My Custom Music Mod (As a Music Pack now!)

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So back in 2014 I began a custom music mod where the man premise of it was that I edited the music, while editing a couple missions here and there, and a couple custom vehicles thrown in the mix. Big issue with that was that I was doing everything completely wrong. Also, the PC I was working on the mod on got completely destroyed in a lightning storm so I figured I'd take this opportunity to start over :3

Not much to be explained really. I'm not actually gonna edit missions or anything like that. It's just gonna focus mainly on music modifications. And so y'all can get involved, I will be taking requests for music replacements because I'm bound to run out of ideas eventually. 

Here's some music replacements I have in mind already.
halls_balls - Korn - Seen it All (instrumental)
land_of_choc_main - Korn - Tearjerker (instrumental)
frink_main - Portal 2 OST - The Part Where He Kills You
powerplant_main - Portal 2 OST - Science is Fun

Hope y'all are glad to see this return! :D

UPDATE: Mod is currently on hold at the minute due to Audacity not being supported on Windows 10. (Btw I F***ING LOVE Windows 10) I've been checking Soundforge's website everyday twice a day to see if they've released a new version that supports W10 just because I really want to get back to work on this. Also, I would love some requests from you guys so if you have anything you want me to put in, just post in the format:
YT video/link to music
What music it will replace (include file name to make it easier for me. Ex. halls_balls)
Just wanted to give y'all an update on the music pack.
Wonder if you could use this somewhere. www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6YwdreWfFs - I think would fit well.. somewhere
Let me know if you need help with making it work properly!

EDIT: Actually, here's a guide I wrote on another thread (no formal tutorial yet). Check it out here.
@Gibstack Thank you! I'll find "somewhere" to put that haha.

@Loren I'll be sure to try that out :D Thank you.
i hope you succeed with your mod, knowing how much music can be an absolute pain with SH&R.

btw since you do take requests i'd personally think it'd be pretty cool if you replaced halls_balls or another song from level 7 with [URL=www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oU2xlViRQ]Megadeth - Hangar 18 (HD)[/URL]
of course you don't have to do this, but i think it'd be neat since the song has a "we're close to the end" feel. plus, it's bloody megadeth.