Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Project Donut: many bugs found

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hi,
i just played Project Donut and i found two bugs:

-All custom cars phonebooth images are replaced with Longhorn's (except for Bone Truck and Black Ferrini which show Buzz Truck's). More than a bug, this could only be laziness. I suggest to fix this.

-When you go to select Hover Car - Red & Gold in phonebooth the game crashes as there is no image for that. This is like a forgetting. I tried to decompile the mod and add the images, but the game still crashes, giving an Internal Error, which also can't be viewed because it is probably not recognised by the Hack Support of the launcher.

-When buying Donut Sedan from Gil the game crashes as it was unable to find "donut\famil_v" that effectively is an inexsistent path.

-Also, when loading bonus mission 1, it again refers to "donut\" which is an inexsistent path. I ask you if is there a way to fix this issue.

I suggest to give a more deep review of the mod. I understand you are busy with DM4 and stuff, but i really suggest to give another eye at the mod, it's very important in my opinion. I think i will update this list as long as i find new bugs because there are surely much more to discover.

Bye!
Sans47
Looking into these issues now. Will probably have a patch either today or tomorrow.

Update on your concerns:

All custom cars phonebooth images are replaced with Longhorn's (except for Bone Truck and Black Ferrini which show Buzz Truck's). More than a bug, this could only be laziness. I suggest to fix this.
Sans47
I think this mostly stems from us not having the proper tools to do this at the time. I think this would be an inoffensive change to do now so I'll have some new ones for the upcoming patch.

When you go to select Hover Car - Red & Gold in phonebooth the game crashes as there is no image for that. This is like a forgetting. I tried to decompile the mod and add the images, but the game still crashes, giving an Internal Error, which also can't be viewed because it is probably not recognised by the Hack Support of the launcher.
Sans47
Anything from Levels 2 to 7 was unfinished stuff from years ago. I have no intentions of fixing these in this re-release so I'm moving the rewards definitions to a dummy file in the upcoming patch so they don't continue breaking things. I'll leave all the files related to these cars in place though in case anyone wants to attempt to fix them themselves.

When buying Donut Sedan from Gil the game crashes as it was unable to find "donut\famil_v" that effectively is an inexsistent path.

Also, when loading bonus mission 1, it again refers to "donut\" which is an inexsistent path. I ask you if is there a way to fix this issue.
Sans47
This is a remnant of some crazy plan to use a folder called "donut" for all of the mod's custom stuff from years ago. This plan was never actually followed through on and these were just a mistake. I've fixed these in the upcoming patch as well.