We're initiating a new Test Server for our website. This version of the website is not complete but will allow us to gauge how the community feels about the features we've added before continuing. We anticipate users will experience issues, however with your help, we can minimise the issues when the site goes live to the thousands of visitors we get every month.
You can find all the details in this topic.
When does the Test Server take place?
The Test Server is now closed and took place on:
New York, USA (EDT / UTC-4)
22 April 2018 at 10:30 PM to 24 April 2018 at 12:00 AM
United Kingdom (UTC)
23 April 2018 at 3:30 AM to 24 April 2018 at 4:00 AM
Victoria, Australia (AEST / UTC+10)
23 April 2018 at 1:30 PM to 24 April 2018 at 2:00 PM
You can use a conversion tool for your timezone if yours was not listed.
Test Server Eligibility:
Everyone is eligible to try out the Test Server. We ask anyone who is interested to let us know here so we can properly prepare for their arrival.
Rewards for participating in the Test Server:
- Anyone who has not previously participated in a Test Server is eligible to claim the "Test Server" badge. To get this badge, all you have to do is login to your account on the Test Server.
Feedback and Issue Reporting Guidelines
- Please be constructive and clear when reporting any feedback
- Use this topic to post issues or feedback. Any information helps.
- If you discover any bugs or issues that could be used maliciously to attack Donut Team or any user, privately report it to email@example.com immediately with as much detail as possible.
- If possible, include screenshots in posts so we can accurately understand your reports.
- Removed the members page, please use the search page. Rational: twitter.com/DonutTeam/status/969487299238137856.
- Removed the custom context menu that plagued the editor. You can now use your browser's spellcheck again. This creates other issues, but the ability to use spellcheck is very important.
- Removed the forum search.
- Removed the steam link found in profiles. It will return in the future in a different form.
- Updated the homepage, images from the Screenshot Contest will be added once that has concluded.
- Updated the navbar.
- Updated the design of posts to be neater.
- Updated the forum sidebar to be neater.
- Updated the Discord page to use more Discord colours.
- Updated the new topic form to allow blank bodies. This only applies to the original post, not replies.
- Fixed an issue where the title of a post would get mixed in with the post's statistics.
- Moved "Recently Played" into it's own section, found under "More" on the navbar.
- Added a dedicated search page. You can search users, downloads, forum topics and community submissions.
- Added a new loading method that speeds up the website 2.3x in testing. If you're interested in what we're doing, you can read this article by thisbythem.com: thisbythem.com/blog/super-fast-page-loads-with-pjax/
- Added the new profiles.
- Added a button on topic listings that allows you to jump to the latest reply. This button only shows up on topics that have more than one page.
- Added unread markers to topics. This is based on both accounts and your IP Address. Because this is a new feature, all topics you've already read will be marked as unread.
- Added the ability to collapse posts.
- Added the ability to view topics by view count and points.
- Added the ability to enable post preview
- Added the ability to switch back to a classic design (1300px max)
- Added the ability to switch to a "condensed" design, which limits the page's content to 70% of your screen.
- Added the ability to opt-in to experimental features.
- Added the ability to subscribe to topics. During this test server, you will not receive notifications from topics. You can however use the "Subscriptions" page to view all subscribed topics.
- Added the ability to subscribe to users. During this test server, you will not receive notifications from users. You can however use the "Settings" page to view all subscribed users.
- Added a new registration form.
- Added Open Graph to forum posts. You will notice post embeds are a lot nicer in Discord, Facebook and Twitter. (Preview)
- Added online statuses. This is based on your latest interaction with the site. In the future, Do Not Disturb will be added.
- The cookie banner now only shows up in European countries that require it.
Because we're still actively developing this, we will update the changelog as we go.
- @roguecrab.com : Pressing the back button or the forward button in your browser while you have a post preview open will not close the preview.
- @roguecrab.com : Unread markers seem to randomly disappear/reappear when not signed in.
Why did I get a notification that said "Can not reach Donut Team." randomly?
As our community grows, so do we. A new feature for live private messaging is on the way, and this notification is part of the system that connects to Donut Team. We'll be doing several tests throughout the test server to see how certain things are handled.
What's not in this Public Test Server?
The following features are not available on the Public Test Server:
- Event pages - We have decided to discontinue our event pages.
- User Content System - It is still in work. We're planning on replacing the Content System in a few months, so we're figuring out the best way to bring it back.
- Pages and Teams - A new feature that is not ready for public consumption.
- Private messaging - The feature has been turned off completely while we work on it more.
- Editing posts
- Deleting posts
- Moderation tools (excluding lock topics) - please use live site to moderate until we're finally ready for those features.
When does this launch to live?
June 2018 is our goal release date. We will be updating this continuously and run multiple test servers to allow people to test things out.