Forum Mod Bakery Docs

My Follow Mission keeps automatically completing itself when i get in my car.

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
OH YES IT WORKS! thank you yet again! it works!
Thanks dude :D
Anytime. My apologies for making some kind of crappy suggestions earlier. I had an issue earlier with a race crashing because of some AI parameters, which is why I suggested those. Everything else was a potential shot in the dark since I wasn't seeing any issues at that point, but then I looked closer at the condition target function and saw that was the issue.

Apologies for being so slow to notice that. The AI parameters aren't really needed, but you can keep them. 
Thank you :) could you give a basic explanation on creating a race like e.g "S-M-R-T"? where you race an opponent to a set location? 
but i also want to know how to force my player into the vehicle when the race begins
Races aren't terribly hard. In fact, if you know how to set up a follow mission, it's pretty much the exact same thing. The only difference is that the car's AI behavior is set to "race", and modifying the objectives slightly.

Use ActivateVehicle again, but instead of "target" or "evade", you use "race". Then, add your stage waypoints. Once this is done, just replace the current objectives and conditions with this:

AddObjective("race");
AddCollectible("lastwaypointhere");
CloseObjective();

AddCondition("race");
   SetCondTargetVehicle("thecaryou'reracinghere");
CloseCondition();
Doing that sets up a simple race where you have to get to the last waypoint the car follows before the car beats you there.

If you want to have multiple racers though, you make sure that all of the cars in the stage are set to "race", then use this instead of AddCondition("race");:

AddCondition("position");
   SetConditionPosition(1);
CloseCondition();
This is what Radical uses for races with multiple cars instead of the "race" condition. Note that changing the 1 in SetConditionPosition does not appear to do anything based on my testing, as the game still considers it a fail if any car you're racing against makes it to the last waypoint first, so you can't create a "fake" race where you're expected to come in a position lower than 1st.