Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Model Request? Maybe?

Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Hello..? I'm new to this, but I have seen many videos on this mod and it has interested me. I've been going around from model to model seeing if i could port them into the game. Unfortunately, doing all of that is alien to me and the steps to doing it are very confusing. Is there some sort of easy way to do it, or do I have to ask someone for help? I'm trying to get several Mario models (old and new including Wario's car) and a couple of Pikmin models in (Olimar, Louie, and the ship as a car), including Isabelle from Animal Crossing, Inklings from Splatoon, and Wii Fit Trainer.
Well, it's nice to see a Pikmin fan here, first of all.

Anyway, porting car models involves using the P3D Editor to import a model, move the wheels around, and mess with some other stuff, depending on what you're doing. Porting characters requires a little more use of Blender (and Lucas's Blender add-on) to group vertices so that the model can move in-game. That's the gist of it anyway.

Neither of those processes are that hard, but they do require a bit of research and understanding of SHAR modding or Blender. If you're interested, some users have made video tutorials on custom vehicles and character ports; if you want some help beyond those tutorials, you can always ask here or on the Discord server if you're up for learning how to make a mod. Someone will probably be willing to guide you through it.