Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Loading breakable objects on specific missions, then (conveniently) unloading them somehow?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So one of my custom missions involves lampposts placed in strange locations (they cannot be collected, they work just like how they were originally intended). I managed to place them in the locations that I want them to be in by adding the lamppost data to the same P3D file as the mission's, but after I cancel the mission and go far away from them (with the camera looking away from them of course), they are still there; they don't delete themselves like many objects do when they are out of the player's sight. Restarting the mission causes new lampposts to be placed in the same spots the previous objects were on, but the objects that were knocked off from their spots earlier just sit where they were after restarting, which also means they still don't delete themselves.

What happens when I keep restarting is that eventually, the graphics of those lampposts get screwed up (to be specific, they were all pink). Plus, I fear that if I restart the mission too many times, the game will crash because of the SO MANY broken lampposts all over the place.

I tried using the "StreetRacePropsLoad" and "StreetRacePropsUnload" functions, but the new P3D file I created that just contains the data for those lampposts and their locations doesn't load. I also adding the same P3D's name to the "SetDynaLoadData" function, but that still doesn't load the P3D file.

In a more simple way to "ask" this, is there a better way to add breakable objects in specific missions where the objects will be able to unload themselves after quitting the mission and place themselves back in their original spots instead of adding new ones while the other objects sit where they were after restarting?
Sadly ,from the best of our knowledge, it's currently not possible to load some "new" breakable props for the player to destroy, and safely unload them.

The best way to get around this is to use poles that already exist within the Level (such as the ones in the Power Plant parking lot), or to create an item that the player is expected to collect but with a modified collectible effect so it looks as if the player is "breaking" it.

Probably not the most encouraging response, but we currently know no other way.