Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Changing the playermodel

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
So um I had this mod idea that I've kinda started its about marge as the main lead but I would like to have her be the player model for level 1 like level 4 but daytime if you know what I mean and for some reason when I go on level 1 scripts and change add character to marge from homer as well as the kick wave stuff for some reason homer is still the player model also I changed who you talked to in the first mission to Bart so there exclamation isn't there. its probably really obvious what your meant to do but I'm not sure. anyway please help. thanks.
You need to open leveli.mfk
Then, find these lines:
AddCharacter("homer","homer");
Simply replace Homer's model with someone else's, let's say, Smithers
AddCharacter("smithers","smithers");

Then, it should be done, kickwave and electrocuted models aren't important, but you can customize them by opening homer_kickwave.p3d and homer_electrocuted.p3d respectively, they're just sprites (kickwave is really unimportant, while electrocuted sprite can turn character into Homer while wasp shoots him, which will look odd, but won't really affect gameplay)

For the Bart part - you'll have to replace the dialogue as well, or it won't work, find more on that here
Gordon, the page you linked does not exist.
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Fixed
: - )
Hey guys thank you so much for replying however when I change the add character thing it just does the animations of marge not the model. is there something wrong with game
[deleted user]
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
Marge's model is litterally called "marge"
Btw, you should put ONLY the name, so, Marge's P3D file is called "marge_m.p3d", you should write only the "marge" part, nothing else
thank you so much Gordon C(hristmas)MB you were a big help. Hopefully talk to you again.