Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Mystery Cheat

Posted in Off Topic
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
There is a cheat code for the game which is entered like any other, while holding down both triggers (Xbox, Playstation 2, and GameCube), or F1 (PC) and entering a four-button combination in the options menu. Thefour button combination in question for this cheat is:

A-X-X-Y (Xbox/GameCube)
X-[]-[]-/\ (Playstation 2)
Down, Left, Left, Up (PC)

There also seems to be 2 known effects for the cheat. Some sites say that it changes the music played during the credits, and some sites as well as the PR Asset Discs say that it "Plays Credits Dialogue". I entered the cheat, and it was accepted (the horn sound effect played), but I couldn't notice any different music in the credits, or any dialouge besides the usual Kang and Kodos speech, which always plays anyway.

My question is, what is this code's effect? It is considered a valid code by the game.
Normally, when you play the credits through the title screen (Options - View Credits) there is no dialog from Kang or Kodos. Entering this code enables the dialog when playing the credits this way, and was likely a debug feature to test the dialog without the developers needing to beat the game over and over.

By the way, the code for PC is Up, Left, Left, Right, not Down, Left, Left, Up
Thank you, Colou.