Forum Mod Bakery Docs

I have a question about Simpsons Hit & Run as a cd-rom

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Sorry I wanna use mods for this game, It's my favorite game of all time and I've never bought a physical game or cd-rom whatever its called I just use Steam or get games digitally so I need answers, do I get a key so I can have it installed forever? And if so how would I enter it? What If the games don't run well what do I do? I need more answers on the product key stuff cause I wanna know if that's true if I key and if so how I redeem it?
Please help me so my dreams of seeing Simpsons Hit & Run in it's full glory with mods!
This game doesn't have any product keys. The PC release authenticates that you own the game via you having the first CD in your computers disc drive.

If you don't have a disc drive you have no choice but to use a no CD crack regardless of whether or not you own the game legitimately.

The game is not legitimately available digitally through any means and the only option to buy it is via the second hand market on websites like Amazon or eBay.
Loren beat me to it.
Alright
also if the game has some weird glitches like deleting all of your progress or shutting down after you enter a specific car, try to change the compatibility settings of the game to Win Xp service Pack 3
Should I do that already? I run on Windows 10 with a NVIDIA Geforce GT (not x) 730 which is garbage getting a 1050 GTX next year. But with a bad graphics card can't i just run it without compatibility if no should I already just go to Windows XP?
This post has been removed.
5 yrs ago (Statistics)
As far as I know this game is not prone to corrupting save files regardless of whether or not you have compatibility mode on. Any crashes related to specific cars are also generally related to a dodgy unofficial build of the game and not your compatibility mode setting or lack thereof. I'm not sure what Doot 32 is referring to with his message.

That said, if you're running the game standalone you should enable Windows XP compatibility mode as he said.

However, when using the Mod Launcher (which we recommend even if you're not playing with any additional mods) various fixes are applied to the game that make it run as intended on modern operating systems (Vista or newer) making this unnecessary. In fact, the Mod Launcher automatically bypasses any compatibility mode set on the game's executable by default.