Forum Mod Bakery Docs

Character P3D File not found?

Posted in Support
Please login to contribute to the conversation.
Alright, so I was trying to make a Basic mod using Kenny's Mod Kit and I copied the level 2 leveli.mfk file into the respected folder & changed the character to Grandpa,
first I tried using
grandp
that crashed the game with no error,
grandp_m
grandp_a
and got this error:
also I don't know how to do dialogue even with Sparrow's tutorial if anyone knows how to fix my Character error or do dialogue that would be a great help, Thanks!

UPDATE: ONLY THING IM NOT SURE ABOUT IS THE P3D ANIMATION.
The name of the file is "grandp_m", which means that if you're getting a crash with that, something else is the problem. You can figure out which line of code it is by putting "//" in front of a line and seeing if the game still crashes or not.
Thanks, but that still never fixed it or gave me an error, Could it be due to the behaviors of Grandpa being as a Street Character or something else in relation?
The characters internal name is "grandpa", not "grandp_m".

All of the character files only feature up to the first 6 letters of a characters internal name and as such are not a good reference point for figuring it out. A better way to check would be opening the file and looking at the name of the Multi Controller chunk.

Also since you're trying to make Grandpa a player character, you'll need to give him a CHO file and an animation set. The easiest way to do this would be copying "homer.cho" and "homer_a.p3d" out of your game install and then opening "homer.cho" in a text editor and changing a few values.

Basically just change these lines to say "grandpa" instead of "homer".
// skeleton rig
rig "homer"
{
    skeleton "homer";
// bank
bank "homer"
{
    // reference to skeleton configuration
    rig "homer";
Thanks Loren! But do I replace the names of the files to be grandpa.cho & grandpa_a.p3d?

I done this above and it crashed with no error again ._. I guess don't?7

And also I'm doing this in Level 2. - Renaming them to bart.cho & bart_a.p3d also crashed the game.
Oh yeah my bad. With the CHO file you don't truncate the name so "grandpa.cho" is fine but with the animations file you do so you'll want "grandp_a.p3d".
"grandp_a.p3d" does not exist???

and also if I'm to re-name the file then that crashes without an error too.